Reasons NOT to binge!

Options
msty112
msty112 Posts: 199 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
I think we should start a list of reasons why we shouldn't binge. Maybe Reading them when we feel a binge coming will help remind us why it's not worth it.

Gain weight
Bloated stomach
I have difficulty sleeping after a binge day
Guilt
Angry at myself
Expensive
Wasteful

Replies

• ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this, and could have used it today. Some of mine:
    -Weight gain
    -Swollen face the next day (I always wonder if people think I spent all night drinking)
    -Loss of motivation resulting from weight gain, which usually makes me want to binge again
    -Self loathing
    -Embarrassing
    -Waste of food and money
    -The peeing every five minutes that usually happens at some point within 24-36 hours post binge that is super inconvenient
    -Having to constantly move my wedding ring on and off different fingers depending on my binging cycle
    -False promises to myself that make me even feel worse when I fail to follow through
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The cost, the shame, the embarrassment, having to buy new clothes that fit, the pain and discomfort from over eating. Having to explain to my small kids what happened to their candy or their chips or the leftovers pizza or any other food I ate while they were all sleeping.
  • daniellethesheep
    daniellethesheep Posts: 117 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Weight gain
    Bloating
    Feeling nauseous
    Feeling absolutely disgusting while running
    Night sweats/not sleeping
    Clothes not fitting
    Self loathing/depression
    Loss of motivation
    Waste of money
    Waste of food
    Waste of time(while binging and while feeling sad about it afterwards)
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The shame would be the biggest thing for me. And the disappointment. I feel so disappointed in myself when I binge. Then there's that thick, sluggish, heavy feeling which is usually followed by explosive, violent bouts if diarrhea. And gas :blush:

All of which begs to question: Why do I do it?

• msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    New reason not to binge: just bought a dress in my current size that I need to fit in for a wedding in six weeks.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of those above. My number 1 reason not to binge though has to be because once I start binge eating I usually won't stop for a really long time. It will usually take me weeks, months or even years to get a grip again and a whole lot of misery happens in that time. Better just not to go there because it really is not worth it. I never regret having not binged, i always regret having binged.
  • ashleyolivia
    ashleyolivia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The shame would be the biggest thing for me. And the disappointment. I feel so disappointed in myself when I binge. Then there's that thick, sluggish, heavy feeling which is usually followed by explosive, violent bouts if diarrhea. And gas :blush:

All of which begs to question: Why do I do it?

Hi. I just joined this group and am reading through the threads. I could've written this. Shame and disappointment. Yes, I hate the weight gain and the inevitable stomachache and I cringe to think about the thousands of dollars I have wasted buying food to shovel down my throat, but the worst is how let down I feel about myself, like I'm a complete failure after a binge. Particularly since I binge at least one day a week (lately it's been more frequent :( ) and it's hard to feel so bad about yourself so often.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    My biggest reasons not to binge are:
    1. Shame, guilt, and self-hatred after a binge.
    2. Binging usually makes my IBS act up really badly the next day.