Weekly Weigh-In March 7-17

Options
SeeAhtter787
SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
Here it is everyone. The last week and a half. Let's knock this out!!!!!

Replies

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    120 this morning. Can't seem to shake theslast two lbs I gained. But it was a birthday weekend for my husband with cake that the grands made for him. Therefore I could not refuse!

Got to get serious because I just have two weeks until we leave for a week of Easter vacation with our son and his two boys.

Good luck everyone. We only have 9 days left.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Well only 1 pound of vacation weight weight down but I will take it. My plan of not having added sugars didn't work. I broke down and had ice cream this week. I am so an emotional eater.
    I will not make the 20 pounds this time around but I will keep going.

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    shirley,

1 lb is good!! i never really left the station this challenge! ready for the next one:)

Stephanie
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    202.2!! 4 lbs until I weigh what I did at the beginning of the challenge! Lol.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    118 this morning. Staying within my maintenance range for over 9 months now. This has never happened before.

I was either on a "diet" or eating with no limits. This is such a great concept- CICO. Duh!

• edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    That is soooo awesome Vicky!! Keep it up, you are such an inspiration !!!
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    That is soooo awesome Vicky!! Keep it up, you are such an inspiration !!!

Thanks
  • yesIcan155
    yesIcan155 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    191.4. I am about 3 down for the challenge, but still 10 to go to get back to my lowest weight since starting MFP. I am ready for the next round. I am finally back in the right mindset, and I know that will make all the difference.

Jessica
  • yesIcan155
    yesIcan155 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @vicky1947mfp Congrats on the 9 months of maintenance. I hope to be there someday too.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    yesIcan155 wrote: »
    191.4. I am about 3 down for the challenge, but still 10 to go to get back to my lowest weight since starting MFP. I am ready for the next round. I am finally back in the right mindset, and I know that will make all the difference.

Jessica

Mindset is everything. Just keep a vision of summer shorts and skimpier clothes. That always does it for me. It is easy to hide behind winter layers. But thin summer material shows everything. You CAN do this.

I fight the overeating every day but I am not letting it win right now. It is such a tenuous thing.
    Right now I feel better than any overeating does.

You guys have helped so much with the motivation.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @vicky1947mfp...you are proof that maintenance can be achieved and maintained.

This is something I have never, ever done in my quest to be at a healthy weight. The tide has turned, though, because this time is for real...there will be no do-overs! I am down 12.6 for this challenge. For the next one in July, I should be well under 200 pounds.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Connie - Fantastic! you are a real inspiraton as is Vicki. You are showing us it can be done!

Vicki- Congratulations on the maintenance, I haven't een there in years when I used to weigh 115 lbs.
    when I got married. Two kids later and well you know the story, still working on it and won't give up.

I wasn't going to do the next challenge but seeing how it worked for you two ladies I think I may have
    another go at it.

Shirley
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    Connie - Fantastic! you are a real inspiraton as is Vicki. You are showing us it can be done!

Vicki- Congratulations on the maintenance, I haven't een there in years when I used to weigh 115 lbs.
    when I got married. Two kids later and well you know the story, still working on it and won't give up.

I wasn't going to do the next challenge but seeing how it worked for you two ladies I think I may have
    another go at it.

Shirley

Glad you are staying the course,Shirley. I have given up so many times in the past and each time have gained all the weight back and more.

This time it is different with all the great support I have received from you all here on MFP. It is just going to have to be a forever thing. CICO really works.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    @vicky1947mfp...you are proof that maintenance can be achieved and maintained.

This is something I have never, ever done in my quest to be at a healthy weight. The tide has turned, though, because this time is for real...there will be no do-overs! I am down 12.6 for this challenge. For the next one in July, I should be well under 200 pounds.

Way to go. Great loss on this challenge. You should be really proud of yourself. Little by little does it. It has been a 4 year journey for me with ups and downs but the overall trend has been down!!!!!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Vicky-I didn't know it was a 4 year journey for you, I am proud of you for staying the course. I have just started my third year at the end of February and I have about 35 pounds to lose still, I have lost over 50. How much did you have to lose? A year ago I though I would be there by now. But I havent been as strict as before. Janice
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Well I took a 58 hour vacation and thankfully I gained NOTHING!!!!!!!! When there is nothing to do on a boat but eat sleep and sit I was lucky I gained nothing. Maybe it had to do with walking almost 5 or more miles a day on steel decks and concrete. My legs are really sore from it but I'm doing better finally. I took my dog with us so I had to get off in every port and "water" him. So j would walk at least 1 mile in each port. Keep in mind we were in port for only about 45 minutes. I really didn't have very far I could go. And in all but one port the ferry terminal is outside of town. Only in Wrangell is it in town so I walked to the post office and back.

Esther.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Vicky-I didn't know it was a 4 year journey for you, I am proud of you for staying the course. I have just started my third year at the end of February and I have about 35 pounds to lose still, I have lost over 50. How much did you have to lose? A year ago I though I would be there by now. But I havent been as strict as before. Janice

I have lost a total of 44 lbs. it has been up and down. I had lost part of it before joining MFP.
    But the easiest and best part has been MFP. I keep joining challenges on here to keep me accountable on maintenance.

Just dig in a little more and you can do this. I am 68 so I knew it was now or never. I feel so great for my age. So many of my peers have just given up on the health issue and that is sad.

I just had a friend tell me that her doctor told her that eating fast food was slowly killing her. She lives alone and it is just easier for her to eat fast food instead of cooking.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @vicky1947mfp...ditto on the "now or never" ...I am 63 and it truly is different this time around when the focus is on being healthy and mobile rather than vanity.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Are we putting our final weigh-in's here? Or is there going to be a separate thread for that?
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Final weigh- in.... Down .03 for the challenge. Not good BUT at least i have maintained through the holiday season! So i am taking that as a win and looking forward to the next challenge!!!

Thank you all for the inspiration and encouragement. I know i would be up if i didnt log on every day and read your comments/stories. God bless you all on this journey!

Evelyn
This discussion has been closed.