Sounds like a group for me

Options
mom23mangos
mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
So I will start the introductions. I'm Lisa, 40 years old. Married for 21 years with 3 boys (12,12,20). I work full time, so finding time to exercise if difficult, but I have been making it a priority. M,W,F - I make the kids go to tutoring so I can drop them off at 7am and hit the gym before work to do strength training. T, Th - my husband and I do HIIT running for 20 minutes while the kids get ready for school. Sa - my middle son and I get up early to volunteer before his aerial arts class. I do my run while he is in class.

We started a family weight loss challenge between myself, my husband, my oldest son and his girlfriend to see who could meet their individual goals the most in 10 weeks. We are 4 weeks in. I started strong, but have been stalling. I had the least amount to go, and these last 5lbs are not wanting to leave.

Let's hear what everyone else is doing!

Replies

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I'm Julie. I have three boys - 15, 13, 10. I've been doing aquafit twice a week, zumba and pilates once a week each and I'm trying to walk daily. My goal is to start a strength training program as well but I've really stalled on it. I still have quite a bit to lose, another 50 - 60 pounds. I've lost 40 so far but I've hit a bit of a plateau. Cheers all!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie! I'm sure adding some strength training will help you get over your plateau. I will say that just a few weeks of heavy lifting has done more for my body than a year of commuting to work by bike 16 miles each day.
  • princessidia
    princessidia Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi ladies, my name is Lydia. I am nearly 35 and have 2 kids - 6,3. I lost 55 pounds through diet and exercise and am back up 20 in the past 6-8 months. My food intake and exercise are both dragging and looking on joining a group to gain motivation.

I wear a FitBit and strive for 10,000 steps a day. I normally do Zumba twice a week but suffered a hamstring injury 6 weeks ago so haven't made it there in a while. Will work to get on the Elliptical this week and keep up the walking.
  • artsycella
    artsycella Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey! This group is perfectly timed as I am coming back to MFP after being pregnant and having a baby and all that goes along with that. I lost a little over 50 pounds on MFP before and had a great time discovering how strong and capable and intentional I could be about it, but of course that was before I had to rush off after work to pick up the babe from daycare.

I realize that I may not be able to go back to lifting 3x a week but I know I can at least get a good start with taking walks, managing my tendency to bored-eat by logging consistently, and maybe get in at least one decent work out at the gym on weekends. From there, we'll see how things shape up!
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!
    My name is Ashley i'm 26 and I am a proud working mom to a 6 1/2 year old girl and a 1 1/2 year old boy I need to lose 55ish pounds to get down to my pre baby weight from 7-8 years ago. I work M-F 8-5 at a mostly sitting job I try to walk during my lunch hour plus walk 3-4 times in the evening for an hour. I have lost 14lbs in the last 5 months I wish it was coming off faster but I have started incorporating more fruits and veggies in the last couple of weeks so hopefully that helps.

I look forward to chatting with all of you often to help keep me on track!!!
  • Somze
    Somze Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

This group has been quiet but maybe we could bring it back. I am a mother of a toddler, a manager of 8 people, and I have an insane 4-hour a day commute in Silicon Valley. Finding time to exercise has been a big challenge. I don't have that much to lose - 10-15 pounds to be a size 4 - but these last 10 baby pounds are stuck.

I used to be very active and did a lot of swimming, bodyboarding, hiking and horseback riding but with the baby everything stopped.

My exercise habits have always been sporadic - I would really get into some sport and do it all the time. Then I would stop. As I get getting close to 40, starting and stopping is no longer an option. My body is starting to age.

So my main goal is to change the way I think about exercise and learn to prioritize it the way I do it with work.

Let's support each other!
    Paulina