What can we do to help you succeed?

Options
mweckler
mweckler Posts: 623 Member
I want to know what as a group can we do to help each other succeed? What do you feel like you would need to be successful, taking it one day at a time? What sort of things help you to avoid a binge? No fear, no judgements, no shame. Put it out there for the group, you never know what you will get in return.

Please no soliciting, asking for money, or things of that nature. Please lets keep things upbeat, and of a helpful nature.

Replies

• Monsterdog1114
    Monsterdog1114 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just a friendly comment since I was just reading a thread on another board that turned the wrong direction from what the OP wanted.

Sometimes we are looking for sympathy. Sometimes we are looking for a kick in the pants. If this is not clear, the discussion can go in the wrong direction.

So just be clear what you want for the day!
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I usually need some one to be brutally honest with me. To me, sugar coating is equal to wiggle room. I am always fishing for sympathy, but sympathy isn't really helpful, is it? No. I need frequent smacks upside the head with a clue by four.

Mweckler you would make an excellent diplomat! You have a knack for serving cold hard truth in a very palatable fashion! In time, we will get to "know" one another and we will give each other what's needed automatically. Does that sound weird? I was part of an online community through eDiets years ago. We knew each other so well that we could read between the lines of a post. That just takes time to develop.
  • jisabelle
    jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I need someone to check in with me and just tell me to get my *kitten* up and I can do it.
    I need someone to help me stop putting the wrong things in my mouth when my husbands acting like an brat.
  • jdres
    jdres Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I need daily check ups and reminders from those who understand and really want me to beat this demon.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I need a smack upside the head with a clue by four. Or a fish. Whatever will work.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I just need to have groups to check in with, it keeps me motivated to be with others working on similar goals and facing similar challenges.
  • gbread2u0169
    gbread2u0169 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For me, freguent check ups/check ins would be great. Ideas and suggestions from others is helpful. Accountability is helpful. Encouragement and support are helpful. A good swift kick in the butt can't hurt sometimes either. I'm not looking for sympathy, excuses, or otherwise; I'm truly looking for support, encouragement, suggestions, ideas, EDUCATION from those that know the struggle or have managed to overcome the struggle. I want to be healthy!
  • betrue95
    betrue95 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like to be able to check in and see what others are going through. It's nice checking in and seeing that someone has commented on something I've written. I also like to be able to comment on other's posts in a positive way, maybe relate to what they are going through.
    I think having a support group where people understand, and people are not negatively putting people down and having positive support is important to me. I really like the write before you eat post.
  • drpsamin
    drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I need someone to check in with my binge eating!!
  • FreeVeg
    FreeVeg Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I need a reality check! A place I can share how I feel and what is going on regarding ED. I need encouragement,support, rational advice.