Back in the Saddle - AGAIN! Just call me Duncan!

Options
Zee48
Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
Philippians 4:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippians 4:12-13 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
12 I know how to live when I am poor and when I have plenty. I have learned the secret of how to live through any kind of situation—when I have enough to eat or when I am hungry, when I have everything I need or when I have nothing. 13 Christ is the one who gives me the strength I need to do whatever I must do.

I fully believe that gluttony is a sin like any other sin. Therefore I need God’s help in losing weight but God doesn’t differentiate in sin calling one less a sin than another. Sin is sin is sin. All black – no white or gray!

I've not been very on track for several months - really about 1 1/2 years now. I fell off and even though I came in daily and logged, have yo-yo'ed {Duncan Yo-Yo} up & down, said hi to a few special friends I just haven't committed to weight loss. I don't know why but I just couldn't focus - or stay focused. My work schedule is crazy and from one week to the next don't work the same schedule. Friday I find out what my next week is going to be and that sucks when trying to schedule a set time to get in any activity - poor excuse but it's worked for me. I'm not a very self-motivated person when it comes to getting up and moving because I'd rather sit here in front of the computer and talk to my friends. Now when my granddaughter was living with me she would get me motivated and she, my daughter & I would walk every day possible with her schedule & mine and other days my daughter would walk with granddaughter or me whichever was available. Then granddaughter took my heart and broke it in two and moved out with 'friends' and is not living the life she should be so I ate, I rarely get to see her after having her with me daily for years - so I ate, my daughter hurt her foot and couldn't walk and I no longer had that umph to get up and move.

I've forgotten who my strength really is - who my rock, my fortress, my helper, my deliverer, my shield, my comforter, my strong tower, my shelter in the storms of life. God is my refuge. In Him I will trust and sing praises to.

Psalm 59:
But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble.

You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
you, God, are my fortress,
my God on whom I can rely.

So with that all said I'm doing so studying on the sin of gluttony - something I totally abhor yet I'm overweight. For the next few days I'll be posting things, scriptures and writings. Some of the writings will be personally my thoughts and others will be articles and stories I find elsewhere and will acknowledge the website and the author if known.

If you are on this trip with me climb on board because I know that God is my strength and with His help I healthily lost 45.8# in one year back in 2008 - 2009 and with His help I can lose this 15# I need to get off again.

May God richly bless and keep you in His arms.