How to eat more calories

Options
Okay! So this is a weird question but I burn a fair number of calories and as the weather warms up, I will be burning a lot more. I've gotten into lifting weights and started enjoying running again recently but the thing that throws things off is my 15 mile, round trip, bike commute. (Which I can do again, now that it's warm.)

I've only been tracking for a couple of days but I find myself struggling to reach the 2200 calories they say I should be getting without completely blowing out other parts of the deal.

Any thoughts on packing in more healthy calories that aren't nuts and nut products? Thanks!

Replies

• sqrrlgrl
    sqrrlgrl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dried fruits? All the cheese on all the things. Maybe eat more pasta, but whole wheat so that it's still healthy? It's a really good question, I've been concerned about this too because i eat a good amount but a lot of it is kind of calorically dilute so I worry about my body not having enough to run on.
  • mareng9
    mareng9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Some of the vegetarian dishes I like have very few calories. If you're commuting, you will probably want a few more carbs. My suggestion: pita with hummus. You can make it like a little pita pocket sandwich, and they make lots of whole wheat pita type things. You can even make them at home if you feel like it.