Low calorie snacks for sugar cravings

Options
Tum22
Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
Anyone got any ideas on this ... I've tried marsh mallows but you can't have much and struggle to resist the cakes mid afternoon as I have an acute craving energy crash etc. What little treats keep you on track?

Replies

• tamsmart26
    tamsmart26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have special k biscuit moments the double choc ones for two its 96 calories thats my sweet treat for the day.
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Nature valley protein bars. They are super yummy and sweet and ultra filling130-190 calories from what I remember. I like the peanutbutter chocolate.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    sugar free pudding snacks I eat the double chocolate one it tastes more indulgent lol
  • VoiceWithNoValue
    VoiceWithNoValue Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, usually KitKat sticks. Since you mentioned energy crash, you should probably try some meal replacement bars that are sweet in taste.
  • catmcclelland
    catmcclelland Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fruit.
  • FergyGirl2016
    FergyGirl2016 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fruit, definitely!

Have you tried the EAS AdvantEdge carb-controlled "shakes" or other low-sugar shakes? They're really good, and quench that sweet craving. I mix the EAS shakes with 8 ounces water, to get extra water while still enjoying the sweet treat.

I've ordered some stevia-sweetened vegetable protein-based "shake" mixes from Amazon, and look forward to trying them.

Last but not least, has anyone tried the 2 ingredient no-sugar cookie recipe? It says to mix 1 ripe banana with 1 cup of oats. Then bake until crispy. It sounds great, but I haven't tried it yet.

Good luck!

• smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Grapefruit is my go to low calorie snack for my sugar cravings. Obviously you can't put sugar on it, so if you can't eat it without sugar then it wouldn't work for you. Grapefruit is my solution for almost all my cravings and even for bored hunger, because of the way I eat it. I peel it first then I open up each section and only eat the pulp, the skin surrounding the pulp is so bitter and that's what drives a lot of people away. Eating it this way tastes great and keeps me busy for a good amount of time. Obviously any fruit is going to have sugar so this might not work for people concerned about sugar.
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Quaker chocolate dipped peanut butter granola bars
  • FergyGirl2016
    FergyGirl2016 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    About grapefruit, to me it tastes sweeter to put salt on it. Try it, you'll maybe like it?
  • tigakai
    tigakai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Had a lite-n-fit Greek yogurt in key lime flavor and it was SUPER sweet but only 80 cals. But it didn't make me feel well. I stick to 90% cocoa bats only now. If you're hellbent on having sweets try artificial sweetener or things with sugar Alcohol instead (malitol, xylitol, etc.) I stopped eating sugar and thus stopped having cravings. Its addictive for a reason.