Night Shift, No weekends and bored

Options
nammer79
nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
So I have recently started a new shift at work working night shift ... basically Start my work week Wednesday night and end it Sunday morning - come home sleep then I'm up and about around 6PM. The problem is my friends work normal hours and enjoy the weekends off. This has left me rather bored with nothing to do. Sure I work out bit more a bit more on those days and even started going to a Muay Thai class Monday and Tuesdays. That's about all I do and I'm looking for ideas on what to do or even how to start just getting back out there. It should be easier to figure out as I'm in the sunshine state (St. Pete, Clearwater Tampa area) but just can't figure out what where or how to start.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I've worked nights for a year. I have every other weekend off.

My suggestions...take the occasional weekend off and make plans with your friends. Beach weekend, music concert, etc. You will go crazy if you see your friends always doing things without you. If you plan an event you'll have something to look forward to and memories to make. You could also get together with friends around six pm and have dinner.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Checkout meetup.com. Lots of people schedule things during the day!
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Thanks I am looking into doing this just is a pain to get a weekend off right now as we are short staffed but with enough notice they should be able to cover it