March 14, 2016 Weekly Countdown

Options
Snowdenfarm
Snowdenfarm Posts: 84 Member
This is the weekly thread to post your pounds to lose and weeks to achieve the loss for your own personal goal. I will post it on Mondays, but you can enter your countdown on any day of the week.

Replies

• Snowdenfarm
    Options
    Goal:10 lbs/20 weeks
    To Go: 6.8 lbs/11 weeks
  • BuffyBourbon
    BuffyBourbon Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Start date: July 9 , 2015 : Goal 109 pounds lost by July 1, 2016.
    Current progress : down 58 pounds
    Remaining : 51 pounds

Just started back after my 2 week break where I ate at maintenance - on Monday I was up 7# from the start of the break, and i've managed to lose all but 2 of those since then so I think i'm doing well. Also upped my goal calories from the "lose 2# per week" setting to the "lose 1.5# per week" setting. Feeling good, ready to get started riding again!!
  • Snowdenfarm
    Options
    @BuffyBourbon you are doing great! You passed the half-way point -- congratulations. It must feel great to up the calorie intake a bit.
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    @BuffyBourbon you are doing great! You passed the half-way point -- congratulations. It must feel great to up the calorie intake a bit.

Thanks! It really does feel good, i started at 1200, then realized there was a mistake and got upped to 1500 4 months in, and have been there ever since - now i'm still going to shoot for 1500, but i'm allowed 1720 to still be on track - that's a bowl of ice cream if i want it! or a hot fudge sundae every Sunday!
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Buffy,

After doing the dunk tank and finding out that I have been shorting myself over 1,000 calories I nearly cried. I am glad to see that you are aware of my mistake, (I could have used you for support a year ago!) :smile:

The dunk tank results show that my body needs 1970 calories just to function and maintain. I was eating 1,200 nearly daily and sometimes less, around the 900-1000 mark. I have to slowly increase and it is tough!

How tall are you? I am 5'8 with a brick house build (broad shoulders, etc)
  • BuffyBourbon
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'8 now, formerly of 5'9 but a series of bad falls as a kid robbed me of nearly an inch!! Now I try to stay on broke horses lol!! Depending on the place I'm either a large or medium frame, my goal weight is 180 so higher than most our size but I carry just a ton of back muscle! It's been a while since I've been there, and there's always a chance I'll adjust down. Photos of me at 150 show a girl who looks sickly thin though so I doubt I'll go that far!!

This program tells me right now my maintenance is 2400, and at goal is likely to be 2200, so I have a pretty good deficit going even at 1700! 1200 was manageable but looking back I sure wonder how. I've been at 1700 for 10 days now and it looks like 2/3 days 1500 ish is enough, and then I need a little more. I figure I've been tracking and honestly trying since july 9 and I have probably another year to go. If I hit goal by July 9 of 2017 I'll be pleased as punch though.

After the success of my break I think I'm going to plan those every 3-4 months during the process. It was such a relief, even though I still logged everything. I recommend it!
  • onawho
    Options
    I agree with you. At 5'8 when I was down to 150-140 I looked like death. My goal, like you is to be 170-180. We must be made of the same bloodstock. I have been at 1500 cals for about 2 weeks now and I plan on increasing it to 1700 by the end of April. I am going to do that dunk tank thing again in May. I only weight myself at the doctors and since I am going to stop going after my next appointment on Wednesday I will continue to tape my measurements monthly.

what program are you on?
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    The program I meant was the Myfitnesspal software - but i'm also on Nutrisystem sort of. I was very strictly on it for the first 5 months, and since then i'm still eating the food but I buy 4 weeks worth every 6 weeks, and am interspersing normal foods in, gradually trying to wean myself off. The food is good, and affordable with various discounts, but I don't want to eat it forever! Easter has been... a distraction. But i'm back on track! Go Us!
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    Is there some way to get notified when something gets posted here? I keep missing stuff!
  • onawho
    Options
    nope! LOL
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    Daggoneit!