Just do something!!!!!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.active.com/running/Articles/Family-Friendly-4th-of-July-Events.htm?cmp=291&memberid=87306228&lyrisid=41954970&email=twalker2@arlingtonva.us

Hey! We all want a juicey hamburger or chicken or veggies or a faux burger either way before we indulge why not run or run/walk or do something! The point is find some activity to do before tomorrow! Happy Hunting!
That can be a true challenge especially if like me and want to be lazy! LOL!

Peace,
WW

PS you can always do this workout instead! Scroll down because has videos to watch too for 'how to'
http://www.theleangreenbean.com/you-can-ring-my-dumbbell-workout/

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I will be doing 50 push-ups and 50 jumping jacks. I will most likely do more than 50 jacks. I reviewed the workout I would like to try that too. But my husband is home for a few days and I have already been hiding out in my fitness room doing Bible devotions for the last 2 hours and at 1:00 I have to take my son to tutoring. Yea, I doubt today I will be doing that intense workout.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I will try to DO SOMETHING :smile: tonight. if not i will probably be walking a lot tomorrow. My family and I will be in a 4th of July parade for the Gold Star Mother's Administration in respect for my brother Nathan who was killed in Iraq 2 years ago on July 7th and for my brother Codi who is currently active in the Navy.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Regular lift day for me today. Starting to add weight on barbell squats. Switching from dumbbell bench press to barbell today. Otherwise it's a regular routine of "doing something". Maybe if I'm not too gassed after lifting I'll be able to spend more than five minutes on a rowing machine, but probably not.

Edit: Maybe if it doesn't rain I can get in a bike ride. Or I could just go to the city park where they're doing their fireworks a day early.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I have my first athletic conditioning class with the guy that owns the gym tonight then tomorrow we have a special Four for the Fourth class from 9-11: Les Mills Combat, Pump, RMP and CXworks combo. Started wearing my HRM again today (so far it's noon and I'm at 1392 cals burned and all I've done is come to work!)
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have one workout down, step class with weights. Hoping to do some lifting tonight because I doubt I will do anything tomorrow.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    If you are ever interested in a fun run this website is good to go to. You put in your city and it tells you of runs usually for next 6 months or even ones close by.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    Got my fun 5k for August, and it just got even better!! I get to be a Flavor Fairy too!!!!

I signed up for the Flavor Run 5k (like the color run only the powder is flavored) in Tampa, since I was by myself, I just signed up for the run, well, one of my friends signed up too and signed up to be a Flavor Fairy too (at the start of the race each wave goes through the "flavor forest" and the Flavor Fairies throw the powder at them... you get wings and a basket of powder provided as part of your fee,) so I contacted the site to request an upgrade (and I said I was willing to pay the extra charge, so they would tell me what to do to take care of it) well, after three emails and three weeks I didn't recieve a response so I found the contact information for their main sponser and sent them an email (it was their paypal account that my payment went to) and said that if I didn't get some response from someone about this then I would contact paypal and let them know they were a non responsive vendor, request my money back, and suggest that paypal review their (the vendor's) practices.... I got an email today that I've been upgraded for free...
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of a flavor run. Sounds like fun!
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I got my exercise in earlier today. 1 Mile WATP DVD.
  • FidalgoGirl
    FidalgoGirl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.2 miles in the shadows of the North Cascades. Looking forward to walking later on today too!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    I've never heard of a flavor run. Sounds like fun!
    It's similar to a color run (I've done two of these) The basic premise is that you have a 5k course (run/walk/stroll/dance/whatever) that you're supposed to wear white clothes (you can be as silly as you want, people show up with clown wigs, tutus, someone even wore her wedding dress) to run and at certain points you go through a section where volunteers throw dyed (they use food coloring so it washes off... sometimes it takes a few washes) cornstarch at you (in the last one I did, two of the locations the volunteers had sprayers with water and food coloring instead of the powder), you're litterally covered from head to foot by 3-5 different colors plus whatever colors you and your friends throw at each other or if you're by the stage at the begining/end when they do color throws over the crowd. With the Flavor Run they did a new spin on it: not only is the cornstarch dyed, it also has a flavoring added to it (for example, the blue could be blueberry flavored, the red could be strawberry, ect)
    Most of these runs support local charities (the first one I did supported food for families, the last one supported the local special olympics chapter, and the flavor run is supporting the local farmers and businesses.)
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It's been between 100 degrees and 120, with 20+ humidity. Needless to say, it is very hard to be motivated to do ANYTHING.

I've been doing pretty well keeping my calories in check though. And I might have a once a week walking buddy, but the weather didn't permit this week :grumble:
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,475 Member
    Options
    Today is my REST DAY. Usually Thursday is my REST DAY, but I have it off and plan to get out there early for my walk before it gets so hot I bake. I'll get everything done early.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

Chris