how much did you lose AFTER having your baby?

Options
SuperSizeMeNot
SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
how much did you lose? how long did it take you do lose it? what are you doing to lose the weight?

Replies

• Gina848810
    Gina848810 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was199 when I went in to have my second daughter. 187 when I came home from the hospital. I just relaxed for about a month then decided I better get off my *kitten* and do something. I found bikini body mommy videos on you tube. By counting calories on here and doing her workouts I lost my excess weight in about 3 months. Back down to 164 where I started at. That is my do nothing maintained weight so I have to work HARD to get below that.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I was 204.0 tuesday before she was born. She came on Sunday. My weigh in when she was 3 days old and I got home I was 186.4, so I had lost 17.6lbs. 2 weeks Post I was 175.8, so 28.2lbs lost.

My daughter was only 5lbs 15oz, HOWEVER I am someone who fluctuates water weight 5lbs a day easy! So me dropping that much in 2 weeks isn't that shocking.

Now little girl will be 6 months on Easter. I am down to 160.4 lbs, so 43.6lbs down. Prior to pregancy I was 155lbs after loosing 62lbs on MFP. So I am about 10lbs from my lowest pre pregnancy of 150lbs. I have done it all via watching calories. I do not log very much anymore as after spending 2 years on here to loose the 60lbs the first time I am very good at estimating my calories and keeping myself accountable. I am only back on here logging consistantly as between a beach trip coming up and my life insurence health visit I need to get back to "heatlhy" BMI.

Body fat is around 28.5% and previously I was down to close to 25.5% so I want to drop 10-15lbs and loose 3-4% body fat from where I am at now. Once my girl is old enough to comfortably leave at a gym daycare I am going to get back in to heavy lifting again.
  • Blufairae
    Blufairae Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Was 298 when I went in to have my third. He is 5 weeks old now and I'm down to 262.8. That's back to pre pregnancy weight. I'm nursing and can't have dairy as baby has an allergic reaction every time I do. That helps keep calories down as many of my favorite sweets are unavailable. Now I am starting to track calories again and need to start some exercise.
  • megjay18
    megjay18 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i was 182 when i got pregnant with my daughter (she's my second). the highest weight i hit during pregnancy was 223. for the first few months after she was born, i hovered between 190-200 and it wouldn't budge. She's now 10 months, almost 11 months and I'm down to 155 and still losing. The key is finding time to work out and really being honest about what i'm eating - weighing and tracking everything.
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Up to 200 for both babies (now 2 and 4). Went back to pre preggers weight between the two (145 ish). And now have been floating in the 120's (been down to 122 twice in last year but closer to a consistent 125-128). Both babies were c section and so held off exercise for 8 weeks after birth. After my second I got "serious/determined" to get to a healthier weight. Went back to tracking while BF and ensuring water intake. After 8 weeks was over started incorporating exercise 1x week for a month then up to x2 per month etc. while effectively bringing calories into target zone (they were way up there). Smaller portions no real restrictions. I do Jillian workouts at home and now that kids are older this is much easier (workout at home and sahm ) I usually manage between 5-6 times a week. Have been upping weights each cycle to try and build muscles as I think issues are now more realistically recomposition ones at this point.
  • egrzesik25
    egrzesik25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was 163 when I delivered my fourth child 11 days ago. I am now 149 and I am breastfeeding constantly but wondering when I will lose a bunch of weight :(
  • sunflowerhippi
    Options
    egrzesik25 wrote: »
    I was 163 when I delivered my fourth child 11 days ago. I am now 149 and I am breastfeeding constantly but wondering when I will lose a bunch of weight :(

You won't if you overeat. Breastfeeding isn't a magically cure all. It is about 500 calories a day more then someone not breastfeeding. Thats 2 eggs, a slice of cheese, and a bagel.
  • hollarach
    hollarach Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was around 150 when I got pregnant, and weighed 209 a week before my baby was born. I was down to 177 lbs at my 6 week postpartum appointment but gained back 12 lbs after I stopped breastfeeding.
    I've been using MFP for a while and have lost 12.5 lbs :) It's really helped me to kick some bad habits.
  • hollarach
    hollarach Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The weight comes off at different rates for everyone. Give yourself a little while before you stress out about it. A new baby is enough work :) Remember it took your body 9 months to put that weight on so it'll take awhile to come off (although it sounds like yours is coming off pretty quickly). Hang in there new momma.
  • bmele0
    bmele0 Posts: 282 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy, I was 275, approved to lose weight during pregnancy (except last trimester), hovered around 270 at the end. 2 weeks after birth I was about 240.

Shot up to 292 over the following year after baby. When he was about a year and a half old, I started on the weight loss journey. I've lost 123 lbs in about 3 years and I'm now at 169. Smallest I've ever been in my adult life.
  • emilyjaneelizabeth
    emilyjaneelizabeth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy I was 150. I was over 200 lbs before my son was born. It's a year later and I'm only down to 160-165 (I fluctuate by 5 lbs very often) but I don't do a very good job of focusing on losing weight. I'm hoping to do better.
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    With DD, I was 165 prepregnancy and 200 the last time I weighed (near 40 weeks). I was 175 the first week home from the hospital - but my weight fluctuated for 2 years before I decided to do something about it. I was 200 then, and lost 25 before getting pregnant (175) Now I'm 37 weeks pregnant and 205 so we'll see what I lose having the baby soon ;)
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

You won't if you overeat. Breastfeeding isn't a magically cure all. It is about 500 calories a day more then someone not breastfeeding. Thats 2 eggs, a slice of cheese, and a bagel.

I gained breastfeeding my first 2 years as I wasn't tracking and would grab junky food and graze all day.
  • JoHannahDenning11
    JoHannahDenning11 Posts: 25 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I was 184 (30 pound gain) when I was pregnant and dropped 10-15 pounds a month after having my son (first child). He was 6lbs 4 oz. I'm breastfeeding; he is now six months and I'm one pound away from losing all my baby weight. I will still have 20-23 more pounds to go before getting to my goal weight. I started exercising again after 6 weeks of giving birth and watch my calories and macros.
  • nlespier
    nlespier Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    With both my kids I only gained 14lbs and at my 1 week checkup I had lost 20lbs total (with both kids). I was one of the lucky ones that never had a lot of cravings and I was never really hungry. I always had to force myself to eat.
  • sunflowerhippi
    Options
    I am down now to 143lbs from 204lbs. Gained 50lbs from pregnancy after loosing 63lbs pre pregnancy on MFP.
  • fat2fitbunana
    fat2fitbunana Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I waited for that moment too....after the water weight went down, I was stuck. Thinking bf was going to handle it for me. NOT my body!! I had to start eating better and working out
  • darkmiko2014
    darkmiko2014 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Was 205 going in. Three weeks later im at 190. Breastfeeding, daily yoga and drinking green enriched smoothies is helping me.
  • Akrunr49
    Akrunr49 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I found out I was pregnant at 150 pounds. I ballooned up to 218 pounds. I lost 10 pounds when I went on maternity leave due to water weight and not commuting anymore. This resulted in having my little girl at 208 pounds. She was 8 pounds 13 ounces. I went home four days later and weighed 196. I'm now 7 weeks post pardum and I weighed 178 this morning. So I'm overall down 40 pounds in about two months and I'm hoping to get back to 150 pounds by Christmas so I can fit all my clothes comfortably again. :)
  • AmandaLynn91316
    AmandaLynn91316 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was about 118 when I got pregnant, got up to 155 ish. When I had her I quickly dropped down to about 125. And stayed, until March 2016, I got down to 110. I weighed myself a few days ago and am up to 130. This post baby thing sucks... I'm trying to get back down to about 110 by Christmas and ultimately down to 100.