HOW MUCH DID YOU LOSE DELIVERING?

Options
SuperSizeMeNot
SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
HOW MUCH DID YOU LOSE JUST BY GIVING BIRTH?

Replies

• steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I lost 11 lbs (measured 2 days after birth). I only gained 18 lbs total so i'm sure there are people who have lost more right after birth. I lost all 18 by the 2 week mark.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I lost the 14 lbs I had gained during pregnancy and was back to pre-pregnancy weight by the time I left the hospital.
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I gained 20 but I highly doubt ill lose it by the time I leave the hospital lol
  • _cassie623
    _cassie623 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I came home from the hospital 3 days after giving birth to my first child, I had lost about 12 lbs (gained 25 total).
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    First pregnancy I gained 25lbs and lost it all after delivery. Hope it's the same this time
  • Eliz_99
    Eliz_99 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think baby waters and placenta can weigh about 12lbs obviously depends on weight of baby. Then you carry on losing excess water weight and blood for a while after.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I gained 22 lbs with my third. I had a 7 lb baby and lost 10 lbs from delivery. 2 weeks out I was only down another 5. Bummer. 6 months out I was down 32 lbs. I had thought I would lose more. With my first I gained 23 lbs (had a 7lb almost 8 lb baby) and lost it all in 8 days (but I was more overweight then vs 3rd kids I was at "normal" weight). My second I have no clue. I gained 46 lbs so I didn't want to get on scale afterwards.
  • theonlysheesha
    theonlysheesha Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I gain 30 total but a week and half after I had him I already lost 20 of it
    So only 10 to my pre pregnancy weight, but I do want to lose more
  • serfasc
    serfasc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well. I gained 40 with my second pregnancy and lost 15 when I left the hospital leaving me with 25 lbs to lose. In a month I lost 10 more. I'm hoping to not do that again this time.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Had baby Monday. Was 162.4 that morning. Wednesday morning weight in 152.4. Thursday morning 151.6. I had two bags of iv fluids and two bags of pitocin (& an epidural for 1 hour). Had tons of amniotic fluid and a large placenta + 7lb baby but those fluids they give you can make you pack on water weight (see my ankles that didn't swell the entire pregnancy). 11 lbs doesn't seem like enough for the 35 lbs I put on but it'll come off eventually like it did for other kids.