Rough few weeks

Options
shannylove9
shannylove9 Posts: 24 Member
The last few weeks have me so off track I feel like I can never get back on. I've been so incredibly stressed with school and Im FINALLY on spring break for the next week and I want to get it back. I went 60 days without binging and at the time it didn't even feel difficult.... I was just doing it. I was just saying no. But now I feel like I can't do it anymore, like I can't even go two days without binging (and binging BADly). Ive lost 20 lbs in the past few months... and I don't want to gain it back. I have so much more to do and so much more to lose I just don't want to be behind any more.... but I don't know how to just NOT binge anymore. :( Its so frustrating. I don't even know what anyone else can do about it... but I just wanted to vent.

Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Venting is a good start. If you've lost 20 lbs in the last few months, then, you've been eating well under maintenance? I'm certainly no expert on this, but.... my only suggestion would be to try to 'scale down' the dieting impulse for a little bit... try to be less restrictive, and 'controlling' over your food just for a while. I'm starting to think that the one thing we all have in common, is that we 'diet,' and we're all rather neurotic about what we eat.

I dunno if that might help or not. But, for sure, there's always people here, who will listen to you vent.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Feel free to vent away. Sometimes it just helps to get it off your chest.
  • shannylove9
    shannylove9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @sloth3toes you're right. I feel like I either have two modes, on a diet and 100% good, or 100% bad and binging. I often feel like if Im not controlling what I'm eating and restricting then I lose control completely and just go wild with eating. I'm not sure how to live in the middle ground.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    All or nothing attitude is another common thread for us, I find.

Venting is good. Sometimes others can see past what you cannot.