I'd like to extend a limited offer to the CPC group.... Free UCI Richmond 2015 shwag.

Options
m1xm0d3
m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
Got a call from my club friend saying his buddy had a metric shite ton of merchandise left over from Richmond 2015 and he was practically giving away, and he was. (why he sat on the stuff and waited 6 months to push a clearance sale, I have no clue) Pretty much everything $1 or less. Here is 'most' of what I got for under $20 total. I ran out of photo room.

2xv859a3dw7d.jpg

Some items were free, like the lapel pins below, which is what I am offering if you are interested. These were retail $10. More than I would pay, but I am frugal...

s9klpnfbmp4i.jpg

The inventory count I have going left to right... 8-11-11-10 - 40 total

I am posting it here because PM'ing everyone is a pain and I'd forget someone. So here are a few things I'd ask of you.

Have a genuine interest in pro cycling and follow it regularly. If you ride but don't really follow bike racing andt want one 'just cuz it's free' or so you aren't left out, do me a favor and please pass on requesting. I'd rather avoid the hassle of packing and hauling to post on my dime if there is little value to you.

Depending on request volume, I'd like to start with 1-2 pins per person. Who knows, maybe no one cares about a silly lapel pin! If so, I don't mind sending one of each. I want to be fair to everyone though.

Now what I would 'like' is for someone in the UK, Mark-Jason-Clive++, one, maybe 2 persons specifically (if you are interested), to allow me to send a package to you for redistribution to the rest of the what-I-hope-are regional guys with low shipping. Cuz I am part lazy and loathe filling out customs forms for international shipping, plus the line at the post office is always backed up. Always. Whoever is interested in that role, I'll add in some extra stuff like one of each pin, a koozie for your can drink and maybe a tshirt I wear mostly 2XL cuz of my height. I do have one 3XL I bought just cuz it was $1 but nothing smaller than 2XL and these shirts looks like they will shrink, otherwise I can only offer a few of the plastic cups.

With that said, maybe the ship-to-uk & reship idea isn't worth doing from a cost perspective, if so, I'll suck it up and mail individually, just don't gripe at the shipping speed. ;)

I'll mail to everyone stateside like Jill, Noel, Dwight (if interested) and any stragglers outside of North America.

Sorry to be long winded but I think this is a good opportunity to share some free stuff with my online cycling friends and I hate to see the stuff go to waste and by talking to the guy, I think he's already had 2 yard sales before he pushed it to local ride groups to get the word out. The impression I got was he is ready to discard the leftovers and be done with it. And personally, I love free bike stuff. Especially from such an event.

Interest, comments, suggestions are welcome! TIA

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Very Generous offer - consider me interested, and happy to volunteer to sort the UK distribution side of things.

Pretty sure I fit the "genuine interest in pro cycling and follow it regularly." criteria ;)

It's probably the nearest I'm likely to come to owning anything with a genuine UCI "arc-en-ciel"

(I'm surprised he didn't just put the whole lot on fleabay, with the title containing "Richmond Worlds" and the word "Zwift"... )

• Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I bet you could make a few quid by selling that lot on eBay as per Marks suggestion, I'm more a rider then a watcher so don't really fit the 'follow the pro events' criteria really, taken a fair interest over the last year and more so as time goes on.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    Very Generous offer - consider me interested, and happy to volunteer to sort the UK distribution side of things.

Pretty sure I fit the "genuine interest in pro cycling and follow it regularly." criteria ;)

It's probably the nearest I'm likely to come to owning anything with a genuine UCI "arc-en-ciel"

(I'm surprised he didn't just put the whole lot on fleabay, with the title containing "Richmond Worlds" and the word "Zwift"... )

Cool Mark! As the human wikipedia of all things cycling, I thought you might be. Seems not a lot of interest which is ok with me. Figured I'd extend the offer. PM me your address and I'll box up some stuff to send ya in the next week or so. Do with it what you will. ;)
    Jakess1971 wrote: »
    I bet you could make a few quid by selling that lot on eBay as per Marks suggestion, I'm more a rider then a watcher so don't really fit the 'follow the pro events' criteria really, taken a fair interest over the last year and more so as time goes on.

I would have figured so as well. I even mentioned that to the owner of the lot but they seemed uninterested. Personally, I am not interested in selling on ebay. Just too much time to invest for me atm.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'd absolutely be interested, and I definitely fit the "genuine interest in pro cycling" criteria as well. Ask my wife... :-)

Thanks for this Josh, it is indeed a very generous offer.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    I'd absolutely be interested, and I definitely fit the "genuine interest in pro cycling" criteria as well. Ask my wife... :-)

Thanks for this Josh, it is indeed a very generous offer.

Glad to offer, Noel. Just sharing the fortune. Send me your address in PM and send them out soon.
  • jillyian
    jillyian Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    That's really nice Josh, I'd take a lapel pin if they are still around
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    jillyian wrote: »
    That's really nice Josh, I'd take a lapel pin if they are still around

Jill, I'd love to. Just PM me your addy.

Noel, yours is boxed up and ready to go.

Mark, yours has been boxed but not yet sealed up (Pending any additionals). I'll do that this week. Hope to get them all mailed by next week.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    You're a gentleman Sir, and once again, many, many thanks on doing this...
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    You're a gentleman Sir, and once again, many, many thanks on doing this...
    ^^
    I whole-heartedly second this. Thanks again Josh.
  • m1xm0d3
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Mark, package is on the way, included some items for Jason and Clive. Keep what you want, pass the undesirables on to those guys. ;) Kidding... First class but I am not sure of the expected delivery date... I have a customs # but not sure if that's track-able on either side of the pond.

Noel, yours is on the way as well. Should be there Saturday.

Jill, yours is still in the works. Everything is set aside. Just needed to find a suitable means to ship. (I use recycled boxes for Mark & Noel). I think I have a padded envelope to use, in any case they should be on the way by early next week.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    that's wonderful Josh - I'll sort something good out for Jas and Clive, it's only fair to "share nicely" ;-)

Thanks again - wonderful gesture :+1:
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Such a great offer, top bloke!
  • jillyian
    Options
    Josh, no big deal, you dont need to send it - I don't mind
  • m1xm0d3
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Josh, no big deal, you dont need to send it - I don't mind

Too late, Jill! Yours was mailed on Monday afternoon! I actually thought you were posting to say it arrived... Should be there any day now... padded envelope (unfortunately, me and the Motobecane couldn't fit inside) ;)

Noel has received his on Saturday. Mark just confirm reception across the pond this afternoon! So once Jill confirms, that'll be a wrap!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    yeah - I've just got the addresses of the dynamic duo now, currently sat writing out a couple of Jiffy Bags for their kit, then up to the post office as it re-opens after lunch (village post office, got to love 'em - close for lunch, just as people have their lunch-break and want to go drop some post off...)

• jillyian
    Options
    Yeah actually I got home from my cycling trip - a couple hours after my last message, and lo and behold it has arrived
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Yeah actually I got home from my cycling trip - a couple hours after my last message, and lo and behold it has arrived

Great news! If you happen upon some ATOC shwag like stickers or keychains, I'd love to have a few. :)
  • TheBigYin
    edited May 2016
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    If you happen upon some ATOC shwag like stickers or keychains, I'd love to have a few. :)

I tried to get you one of the "Tour de Yorkshire" signs, but it was a bit big to fit in my camera bag...

nfhxezfx5ec2.jpg

• Jakess1971
    Options
    Superb, just opened up a jiffy bag forwarded on from Mark (thanks v much for doing this) and I've got 4 cool little Richmond pins, stuck them on my Turbo Training table, quite apt when I've been cycling round Richmond on Zwift like a million times lol, almost feels like I've earn't a badge or two on that lol.

Nice one Josh, much thanks, I'll happily return the favour one day if we ever get a decent event in Nottingham! We did have the milk race last year but no sign of it this year. http://www.themilkrace.com
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    not only arrived, but worn, washed, worn and washed again...

27000485781_fa408e361a_o.jpgWorlds 2015 T-Shirt