Week of March 20th

Options
SweetPeasMom55
SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
So last week I did well I walked everyday and I packed a lunch every day.
I also finally got my bedroom closet all cleaned out for my husband and another bag of stuff to leave the house.

this week I need to continue with the increase in exercise
Try and get some added rest
continue with my delete of unwanted items. My goal was 40 items have done that and am on a roll so continuing on.

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week:
    1. Log daily
    2. Sleep 7-8 hours each night
    3. Avoid processed foods
    4. Stay active/exercise daily
    5. Plan meals and follow plan

This week, the plan is to actually do goals 1-5!!!
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week:
    1. Log daily
    2. Sleep 7-8 hours each night
    3. Avoid processed foods
    4. Stay active/exercise daily
    5. Plan meals and follow plan

I like your list, JMarcella, so I'm going to make it mine for this week as well. And, I'm going to work in some gathering of stuff to donate in the spirit of 2020pinktogo.

Last week of this challenge, friends! Wishing you all the best!
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So I have been mia here the last couple of weeks. That being said I have still been logging everything or trying to. I have been exercising and doing my best to get things moving in the right direction. Over the course of the last couple of months i have pretty much maintained my weight going up and down by the same two or three pounds. It is getting really annoying. I think the stress of planning my daughters wedding is effecting my weight, eating habits and sleep and not for the better. I only have 54 more days.
    I did run 12 miles this week. 10 of those in one day. I am training for my marathon on top of the wedding. I am doing my best not to hurt myself this time. The last time i started to train for a marathon i hurt my knee big time about this point in training so i am hoping it goes better this time.

Anyway this week i want to
    1) get plenty of sleep
    2) 3-4 runs
    3)1-2 kettlebell/weight workouts
    4)plan the cubscout pack meeting
    5) check in everyday
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Well, I guess my "Something to Celebrate: Easter 2016" will be to finish this challenge weighing less than when I started. This first quarter of 2016, I have basically maintained. I have continued to work over the past couple of weeks to get my head back in the game. I believe I'm there and I expect the 2nd quarter of this year to look much better on the scales!

I hope we will have another challenge so that I can record the losses! :)
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Tough challenge for me... Focus changed from training to recovery from emergency surgery. Have a race this week... Not quite up to it yet so goal is not PR but finish alive!
    1. Regain good habits of not eating after work
    2. Find more household stuff to donate or throw away
    3. Log and preplan!!
    4. Refuse all free fresh bagels from co- worker
    5. tddbcc5l2hb7.jpeg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Love the turtle and the saying. Good luck with the race!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    @barbhat13 - Finishing alive sounds like an admirable goal! :)
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    You reminded me I was thinking about doing an Easter 5K or 10K this Saturday, hmm.

My thing that I meant to do this weekend and did not was get my HRM out again and figure out how to work it. My tri group is all into HR training and if I do a shorter rate it would be a good opportunity to get a max HR # for setting training zones. Incentive?
  • barbhat13
    Options
    I use a cheapo pulse watch.... I actually have to push a little button but it is accurate and gives me % target rate.... Starting using it last fall after a heat exhaustion scare..... Train to run at certain rate.... Slowly I am getting faster at lower pulse rates.... Without feeling bad!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    @Niragorshia - Nira, looks like you are only 1 pound away from hitting your "Something to Celebrate" goal. Great job!!!
  • niragorshia
    niragorshia Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @JMarcella57 thank you. Lots of hard work. This group/challenge has motivated me :)
  • JMarcella57
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well, I guess my "Something to Celebrate: Easter 2016" goal will be to finish this challenge weighing less than when I started. ...

This morning's weigh-in finally has me at just over a half pound below where I started the challenge. Finally back in losing territory. Yippee! :D
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Well, I swam one day this week. My usually Sunday group is going to be cancelled because of Easter, too, but I should be able to get to the pool anyway.

I feel bad that I've been really out of it for this challenge -- have we lost our will to continue or do people want to keep going?
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am treading water, weight loss wise, but would love to continue with the challenge. Hoping to find my focus once again. Thanks so much for having pulled this one together, Stephanie.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    If another challenge is posted, I'll join it.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I like this group I'm in!!!
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    im in for another challenge
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Okay -- what are we thinking? Maybe Memorial Day? That's about 2 months. Or Flag Day?

I'm open to non-US holidays too.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    how about june 8th LOL it's name your poison day :p or instead of memorial day we go with the 31st and that's national macaroon day LOL.
    Honestly don't care but as long as I could be silly LOL
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Yes to another challenge
    Memorial Day seems good
    Starting a month of renewal today Monday..
    Tri training starts in earnest and I'm off track
    Back to healthy eating
    fqnki65tx69u.jpg