MFP/Fitbit and MapMyWalk??

kcdambuster
kcdambuster Posts: 217 Member
Has anybody had experience of syncing MapMyWalk with MFP and Fitbit (Charge HR)?

I have MFP and Fitbit (Charge HR) working well together, but worry that adding MapMyWalk will cause a clash.

The MapMyWalk data would be an interesting addition for analysis, but maybe not worth the hassle if there is a data overload.

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    I have MMW connected to Fitbit (although I haven't been able to tell that the two applications interact at all) but not to MFP. When I had it connected to MFP it overwrote my Fitbit data from the walk and I didn't like that. I still use both, though. I use MMW because I am friends on it with other people who don't use Fitbits (or MFP) and because I like the information and tools it gives me. (For instance, I've started using the gear tracker to keep track of how many miles I've put on my shoes.) However, I trust Fitbit for the calorie estimate. (Also, in my experience, Fitbit's mapping function is inferior to MMW's. Fitbit's is better than it used to be but it still doesn't work great.)
  • kcdambuster
    kcdambuster Posts: 217 Member
    Thanks @NancyN795 .
    You have confirmed my fears that MMW would overwrite Fitbit data, which I do not want to happen.

I will just use MMW as a standalone source of extra info.
  • LauraJOwen85
    LauraJOwen85 Posts: 1 Member
    What extra info are you getting from MMW? I use the track walks feature within the fitbit app with my Charge HR and it gives me distance, mile splits, steps, and pace.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    The problem with the track walks feature in Fitbit is that it is unreliable. It won't pause when I want to stop (I have to wait for it to "catch up" before it will see my request to pause, completely messing up the pace computation and the split that the pause/stop occurs during), it occasionally shows a weird diversion from the path I know I took, it crashes at the end of my walk on a regular basis and sometimes loses the map completely even though it looks like it ended normally.

I have none of those problems with MMW. Plus, in MMW I can use the gear tracker feature to know how many miles I've put on my shoes, so I can get an idea of how long they actually last.