Replies

• audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Here!
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm here. Progress is going slower these past few weeks, but I'm reminding myself that the tortoise won the race, not the hare. :)
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Here! Still miserable in the ortho boot, but I am tracking food...
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Here again...
  • audrey13027
    Options
    ...and again! :)
  • audrey13027
    Options
    yup! :)
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm here head hung low but here.. took time for me.. daughter went away to college, hubs recovering from kidney surgery.. trying to find my self .. but I. Back will weigh in and update all that on Friday ..
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Here...
    Hey Kat! I think most of the group is taking time away-me included! Glad to "see" you! :)
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am back. Been a rough summer. Not unusual, I often get a bad bipolar crash over summer. Been very unwell with that but I survived. Eating did not go to plan. I went through a period of feeling very nauseous on increased meds and then got in to habit of starving myself. I went down to 282lb then had gastric issues related to combination of meds and starving myself. My periods stopped and my thyroid crossed the line in to being under active so another medication added to help that. Started eating again and lost plot with severe binges. Went from 282lb back up to 324lb in under 3 months. Reached the point of knowing I would soon kill myself because I can't cope with weight. I just can't face life at this size. Again considered stomach surgery, again concluded not a good idea for me. Done myself another new food plan and made a decision to bin the bathroom scales because they do me more harm than good. I will no longer track my progress via weight. Instead I will follow my food plan until I feel and look a healthy size. I do not need a scale to tell me if I am fat. My eyes and clothes can do that. Next time I step on scale will be at doctors request. Sorry I have not been around, just been very unwell.
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm back. Been away trying Slimming World, but just couldn't make it work with my diabetes, too much of the free food is carbs. So I'm back on here giving it another try :) is the group still active?
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Welcome back, things are quiet around here but it is that time of year where people start coming back, I came back 20 days ago.
  • ClarissaCLD
    Options
    Im back - Take 2
    Hopefully will last longer than one day this time.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    I am back again. IMy bipolar cycle is 10- 20 days of feeling human then 15-90 days feeling sh1t. I will be here for the more human days.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Well, thought I'd show my face after months of not checking in. I'm working on getting myself to a happier place again, starting a new job soon, and hoping to climb back on the wagon slowly but surely.
  • ClarissaCLD
    Options
    The group seems to be inactive :(
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    It is just so hard to let go of addiction
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    It is indeed. My internet has been patchy, hence my absence here since my last post. That's sorted now, although it does seem kinda quiet in here.
    I hope everyone is doing well.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Hello Stranger, great to see you back, I am still at it try, try and try again until I suceeed or die still trying :)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    ...I am still at it try, try and try again until I succeed or die still trying :)

I think this is my life motto, haha.
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) I'm Betty and I've just joined your group. I'm thrilled to find people in my same weight group who can relate to me on all levels. I'm 355lbs right now, but seeing my scale go up pretty much weekly due to my heart meds' side effects. My docs won't change the meds because "heart issue first, weight after". This is what I constantly hear. So since being diagnosed with AFIB in Oct 2015, I've gained a total of 105lbs. Now I won't say that every single pound is from the side effects of the meds, but I will say the majority of it was and is still to this day. I have experienced moments of depression and defeat, and felt very unmotivated to even try in the past 1 1/2 years. What you don't understand is that when this happened to me, I was deep into a marvelous 2 year weight loss journey. I had just celebrated losing 120lbs and was still going strong towards my goal of 150lbs. It floored me to suddenly have heart problems, and then noticing weight gain within days of starting on my heart meds and blood thinner. My doctors were so indifferent to my pleas for help...for any alternative to meds so that I could at least maintain all that I had accomplished so far. But all they told me at the time was to put down the fork. I was an extreme low carber at the time...eating under 20 carbs a day and usually keeping between 500 and 700 calories a day. But still the attitude from them! It was their opinion that I must first deal with getting my heart back into normal rhythm, and then I could get back on track with weight loss. As I'm steady gaining weight, I'm also finding it harder and harder to workout as I had before due not only from the breathlessness of having an almost continuously racing heart rate, but also from getting heavier and heavier to where my body has a harder time moving without pain. As of today, I'm working out at least every other day and building up my workout times in each session. Thankfully, I have a treadmill, elliptical, and recumbent bike at home so there are no excuses. This worked so well for me those first 2 years of losing 120lbs. I was on my machines 6 days a week for 2 hours. I loved it!! But I'm in a whole different health situation now with definite limits. I am considering the low carb lifestyle again though. Some of those habits still remain with me from that time: no sugar, no caffeine, no soda pops, no pasta, and limited breads-flour-rice-potatoes-fruits. Maybe, somehow, I will make it happen for me despite those darn meds. It would make it all more bearable for me just to know that I have new friends here to support me, and who would allow me to support them, too. Please send me a friend request if you like and start looking for me on your own page as well because I do love to "comment" and "like" nearly every day!! Positive support and encouragement goes a long way for us all on this journey :) God bless us all o:)