Syncing Issue? Steps not Correct in MFP

Options
kaylajane11
kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
I have my activity level set to sedentary, as I work at a desk job. I've had my Fitbit since Christmas, and typically end up getting more calories once I hit about 2,500 steps in a day. I like the way I have it set up and it has been working well for me thus far.

Right now, I currently have 7,234 steps, according to my Fitbit. However, MFP is showing 8,979 Fitbit steps. Not only that, but MFP is giving me a -8 calorie adjustment, although I went for a long walk that burned 300+ calories according to Fitbit. My food entries have synced over to the Fitbit app properly, and it is giving me additional calories for activity, as it should, but MFP is not.

This happened Friday and yesterday as well, and the adjustment eventually corrected itself. Just wondering if anyone else is having syncing issues?

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I'd check to make sure my step source was correctly set to Fitbit. I know that MFP says they fixed the bug, but...

Anyway, on your phone go to Steps (or, I think, More -> Steps on the iPhone) and make sure it is set to "Fitbit Tracker". Or, on the website, go to the Apps page, then select Steps (in the upper right) to check the setting.

Also, check the math that MFP is using to calculate the adjustment. From that you can check the time of the last sync, the calories burned that Fitbit had at that time, the total calories MFP thinks you'll burn for the day, etc. Make sure they all make sense. For instance, the total calories MFP thinks you'll burn should be relatively close to your Calorie Goal plus your deficit (any difference is because this number changes as your weight changes and your Calorie Goal number only changes when you update your profile).