Options
2»

Replies

• mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    sloth3toes wrote: »
    I forgot.....
    • Stress Relief, including video games and .... ?
    • Writing before you bite

What video games do you play? I also use them to unwind and destress.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    sloth3toes wrote: »
    I forgot.....
    • Stress Relief, including video games and .... ?
    • Writing before you bite

What video games do you play? I also use them to unwind and destress.

Not me, personally, I was referring to others, who have said they play video games. I'm terrible at video games. I was a bit of a star at Donkey Kong, what would that be, back in the 80's? Back in my drinking days. :dizzy:

• missshadowlovely
    missshadowlovely Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @mweckler - My job is a desk job in the medical field. Think tech support, but for medicine. So, it can definitely BE stressful, but very rarely do I come home stressed from work.

I can't seem to pinpoint why I binge. I've tried logging it in a diary before, after, and after I've binged to try and pinpoint how I'm feeling and WHY during a binge...

The only CONSISTENT thing I can pinpoint is that it's when I'm not occupied with something. And by that, I mean I HAVE to have something pressing to divert my attention, like a time-relevant task (eg: a gym class I have to leave for IMMEDIATELY after getting home from work, etc) to keep my from either heading to the fridge mindlessly or ending up there shortly after.

I binge a LOT on my days off. It doesn't matter whether I'm "dieting" or just eating whatever I want; the end result is always the same. In fact, I seem to actually keep things under control if I am ACTIVELY restricting what I eat; that way I have some semblance of cognition when I'm putting calories in my body.

It all seems to just be: I eat whenever I'm NOT doing something.

But on my days off when I just want to relax... I don't want to FORCE myself to do things.
    I also binge a LOT when I'm surrounded by friends or family, ironically. Family gatherings, outings, and holidays are NIGHTMARES for me because I'm so distracted that I just EAT and EAT...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I also binge a LOT when I'm surrounded by friends or family, ironically. Family gatherings, outings, and holidays are NIGHTMARES for me because I'm so distracted that I just EAT and EAT...
    I noticed the same thing for myself. I can get so excited for the holiday the night before that I eat whatever I can find in front of me.

Sometimes, I can't even enjoy the actual holiday dinner because I've eaten out the cabinets.

• ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I noticed the same thing for myself. I can get so excited for the holiday the night before that I eat whatever I can find in front of me.

Sometimes, I can't even enjoy the actual holiday dinner because I've eaten out the cabinets.

I do that all the time. I call it "anticipatory bingeing."