Hello!

Options
ld716
ld716 Posts: 4 Member
My name is Lisa and I have 2 pups at the moment. Chloe is a 9 year old beagle/jrt mix who competes in agility and barn hunt. My other dog is an older pug named Sophie. Sophie is 13 years old and used to compete in agility in her younger years. She actually was my first agility dog but has since retired. Sadly she is battling DM (Degenerative Myelopathy) and can no longer walk without assistance.

I hope this groups takes off. There doesn't seem to be any other dog related groups here.
Would love to share experiences with other families who love to play with their dogs.
:D

Replies

• ESueM67
    ESueM67 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa! My name is Sue. I live in Maryland, and I have 3 dogs.

Riley is an almost 10 year old hound/pointer/spaniel mix who used to compete in flyball.

Lucy is a 5 year old border collie/terrier mix who is currently in basic obedience training and competes in flyball.

Jasper is my 6 year old pit bull who competes in agility and dock diving right now. He has competed in flyball and barn hunt in the past. Jasper is my first agility dog; he has also hiked the Maryland section of the Appalachian Trail with me and has played a huge part in my success in achieving my fitness goals. So far this year, Jasper has walked over 70 miles with me. I've walked more than 300 in an attempt to log 1,000 miles this year.

I hope this group takes off too!
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

I'm Caz, I'm in the UK and I have Buffy, a 10 month old Labrador. She's still a bit young to take part in sports but she is really fast and loves tennis balls so I think I might try her with flyball when she's old enough. The main activity I want to do with her is Canicross because I'm a runner (not a great one, but I try!). I've already taught her 'stop', and I will teach her 'left' and 'right' and 'pull' before she's big enough to go running. My vet and her breeder told me to wait until she was at least 12 months old, but I will probably wait until the autumn when the weather starts cooling off.

My aim when she is big enough is to walk/run the equivalent of a marathon each week, which works out just under 4 miles a day. I'm lucky to live in a rural area with loads of lovely woodland and farmland trails so it won't be much of a chore.

Glad to see a dog-related group on here!
  • rabbitfart
    rabbitfart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Ellen. I live in Washington with my two dogs. Deuce is a 10 year old border collie who's more or less retired from herding. I just adopted Grimm, who's a 2 year old heeler mix. We're working on basic obedience and manners and pursuing our CGC currently, but I'm looking forward to nosework and agility with him!
  • aygbc
    aygbc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! Looks like this is a quiet group? Not sure. I'm Aleana, I live in a house with a pack of Five dogs, but only two are truly mine if I were to move. Oldest is Zel, a Heeler Golden mix who is about 13, still top of the pack, but slowing down. Grace, mine, a GSD Mix and retired Service Dog for mobility, the kickstart for me to enjoy training again too, she is about 8 now. Raegan is a little Heeler Heinz 57 pound puppy, he's got some issues but a lot of energy, we will be looking at sports like nosework, coursing, and flyball if I can get a team built up, he's about two years old. Last but not least Zsa Zsa & Charleston, Standard Poodles, we particpate in Conformation in both UKC & AKC, will be doing Coursing, Dock Diving with one of them, Nosework and anything else they show an interest in. I want to get fitter to do more with them. They're a little over a year.