Quick Hello and Introduction

Options
Hi! I'm 43 years young...at least I'm trying to be. It seems like once I turned 40, my body decided to become the most uncooperative as possible in regards to fitness. I am 7 weeks out from knee (meniscus repair) surgery that happened while training jiu-jitsu, and looking at roughly 6 more weeks of limited activity. I'm going crazy being off the mats but I have just started a new workout regimen and have adopted major changes to my diet in the hopes of working my way back into the best shape I've ever been. This includes a weight loss goal of 25lbs. I'd be happy to share my journey with you and draw some motivation from everyone else. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• cudadave
    cudadave Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, lol I'm 46 and also train BJJ. I'm looking to come down about the same amount from 205 to 180. Good luck with your journey :)
  • Roll_Panda_Roll
    Roll_Panda_Roll Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! We're pretty much on a similar fitness path. Always excited about jiu-jitsu and happy when I hear others are involved as well. Keep working hard, train safe, and I'll hope to see us both at our goal weights soon!
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Matt. 43. Started MFP at 260ish, currently 230ish. Goal to get (back) to 200.
  • Roll_Panda_Roll
    Roll_Panda_Roll Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Matt! You're half way there!