Android version 2.7.2

Options
Alex
Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
Hello,

We have finished the next update and would love to have a few folks test it out. Specifically we addressed in this latest update:
- sync issues
- crashes/slowness
- confusion about existence of menu/drawer
- quick access to the diary

Instructions for Downloading the Updated App:
1- uninstall the app
2- download the app from your phone. You can use the browser to download it https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104578459/myfitnesspal-2.7.2-3382-google-release-zipaligned.apk
3- After the file is downloaded, run the installation by tapping on the file from your notification drawer on the phone

We would love any feedback from anyone who does download the newest app - Thank you!!!!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thanks olivia...
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Just had a quick look and it seems to have solved the multi add serving size issue :-)
  • Alex
    Options
    Excellent! So glad to hear it, thanks again for testing this out for us!
    Just had a quick look and it seems to have solved the multi add serving size issue :-)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Weird, somehow I managed to download version 2.7.2-3385 before you posted this thread. And I downloaded it from Google play.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the beta, and realized the update in the Play store was the same version, too. So y'all definitely have more than a 'few' users checking this out! :)
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Weird, somehow I managed to download version 2.7.2-3385 before you posted this thread. And I downloaded it from Google play.

If you copy the link and put it into your web browser, it will download the right version.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

If you copy the link and put it into your web browser, it will download the right version.

Sorry was gone most weekend.

So you want me to download and test the version previous to the one I have sequentially, cause that seem counterproductive to me. But if that is what you need us to test and it wasn't a version typo, then let us know and I will go back to 3382 from 3385.
  • sheltrk
    sheltrk Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Which build is the current 2.7.2 Beta? 3382 or 3385?

Both of my phones automatically updated to 3385 this past week while I was on vacation. Regarding 2.7.2-3385:
    For my HTC One V (Android 4.03, Virgin Mobile): 3385 solved:
    1. The "multi-add serving size default to 1" bug, and
    2. the "long black screen pause" bug

However, it appears to have introduced new problems:
    1. Synchronization takes quite a bit longer than before. Used to be just a few seconds, and now it takes 10 s or longer.
    2. Weird interaction with Swype keyboard. Prior to 3385, the Swype keyboard was properly inserting spaces between words in the MFP app (each time I lift my finger). Now I have to explicitly hit the space bar, or all words entered in the app runtogetherlikethis. Also, if I want to delete a newly Swyped word, I used to just have to hit backspace once. Now, in 3385, I have to delete the word letter by letter. Basically, in 3385, the Swype keyboard seems to think all text entries in the MFP app are URL fields.

--
    I'll report in detail on my Samsung Galaxy S2 running 3385 when I get more time to play with it. But so far I have noticed similar problems with the Swype keyboard on 3385. I did not have these problems with earlier builds (3340).
  • Alex
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Apologies for the delay in getting back to folks (I was gone for the long weekend).

Anyone in the original beta group ended up getting access to the latest beta build which is version 2.7 3385.

Sheltrk - reporting the bugs you are reporting back to our technical team.... thank you!
  • Alex
    Options
    We were having general issues with syncing this morning.... can you let us know if you are still having the issues syncing? Thank you!

1. Synchronization takes quite a bit longer than before. Used to be just a few seconds, and now it takes 10 s or longer.
    [/quote]
  • psuLemon
    Options
    We were having general issues with syncing this morning.... can you let us know if you are still having the issues syncing? Thank you!

[/quote]

I am having a lot of sync issues as well as not being able to see wall post.
  • Alex
    Options
    Hey Lemon,

The issues with wall posts was impacting everyone yesterday but should now be fixed.

Can you tell me more about the sync issues you are having and if they are new to the 2.7 3385 version of the app?

Thanks!
    Olivia

• sheltrk
    sheltrk Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Olivia said:

"However, it appears to have introduced new problems:
    1. Synchronization takes quite a bit longer than before. Used to be just a few seconds, and now it takes 10 s or longer."

Synchronization seems to be very fast on my phone today. So, I think we can assume the sync issue was on the server-side and not related to the 3385 build.
  • Alex
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for testing the most recent version of the app.

We are releasing it to all of our members later today and thanks to the excellent bug reporting by sheltrk, we are already working on a fix for the next release to solve the issue with the Swype keyboard not properly inserting spaces.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Hey Lemon,

The issues with wall posts was impacting everyone yesterday but should now be fixed.

Can you tell me more about the sync issues you are having and if they are new to the 2.7 3385 version of the app?

Thanks!
    Olivia

I am thinking it was just yesterday's issue because it's syncing today. And yes, I do have the newest version.
  • Alex
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know that syncing seems A-OK again today!