Hi I'm a new member

Options
Vivacity63
Vivacity63 Posts: 5 Member
Hello Performers,
I am new and joined for the obvious I need to get in shape for stage presence and to improve my health. I belong to another online group as well but I synched MyFitnessPal, Mapmyfitness and my UP3 to get me motivated to work out.

I needed to join a group like this because you all know what it's like to be on stage and not being quite in shape. I'm a novice bass player in a band and we got on stage and had a great time but then photos were posted on facebook and I was like, "OMG I really look bad!". Double chin, side, front and back view is ALL WRONG!!. So yeah that's why I'm here.

My goal is to be a singing, dancing bassist in my own band in the future.

Viv

Replies

• Teraisa
    Teraisa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good job! I am on MMF and MFP. Feel free to add me at both ( Teraisa ). I'm wishing you well on your health journey as well as your personal discovery in dance and music. I am a writer and an actress, as well as a serious advocate for victims of violent crimes and rare diseases from rare medical events (we own a nonprofit). Best wishes, Teraisa
  • fjpetruccelli
    fjpetruccelli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @Vivacity63 I am new here but saw your post on this group and wanted to chime in. First of all I get it and you are not alone. I am really into theatre both on stage and behind the scenes as well. I only get character roles because hey laughing at the fat guy is funny right? While I do enjoy character roles to an extent there are other roles that I know I am never consider for because of my weight. Choreography is always a challenge because of my size as well and I get out of breath which is never good when you are trying to sing and dance. When it comes to my backstage work I can't climb some ladders because I exceed their weight limits and after hours of paint sets or props on the floor my body is so sore I usually have to grab onto something to help lift myself up. But hey I am at the right place and so are you. Would love to become friends here at MFP and help each other on the journey. :)