I binged! Here is my confession.

Options
jdres
jdres Posts: 11 Member
Hi everyone!

I have been doing well the past four days! I was so proud and even wore a crop top to celebrate my success.

Well, tonight I let it all get to my head and let a binge take over. I'm going to list out what I ate so if it's a trigger for anyone please don't continue reading. I just need to spill it out to the community.

Sour patch kids
Sweedishfish
Raspberry and blackberry gummies
Popcorn
Chips
Multigrain chips
Bread and butter
Bread, mayo and cheese sammy
Fruity pebbles cereal
Strawberries
Grapes
Twizlers

Boy, am I sad and uncomfortable. I knew I was going to feel this way too. Black out and autopilot took over. I'm terrified of the mirror tomorrow.

I'm presenting at a conference in Boston Wednesday and have none of my research planned out on a poster. I guess I'm consumed by stress as we all often are.

Will this day hurt me? Am I doomed comes 9am?

Thanks everyone for reading.
All my love.

Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    jdres wrote: »

I'm presenting at a conference in Boston Wednesday and have none of my research planned out on a poster. I guess I'm consumed by stress as we all often are.

Will this day hurt me? Am I doomed comes 9am?

@jdres ` I'm not sure you need to call it a 'confession....' None of us is the pope here... you binged, you'll get over it. The day won't hurt you, and you are NOT doomed. You just need to get on with your life today. And DO NOT go overly restricting to try to make up for it. Sure, you might be less hungry after binging, and eat lighter today... or not.... but, don't go out of your way to restrict today, it will just set you up for another binge.

Your conference isn't until Wednesday, and it's only Sunday. If you get started on it now, I'm sure you'll be finished in plenty of time.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    That sounds very stressful! I despise public speaking/presenting and so I can see why that, coupled with feeling like your poster is unprepared, may have triggered a binge. However like sloth said, you still have plenty of time to get it done. Try to focus your feelings on something productive instead of bingeing (easier said than done, of course!) You are not doomed, and physically your binge won't do much can damage. Just try not to let it influence you too much mentally!

Also I love Swedish fish so much and haven't had them in forever.
  • jdres
    jdres Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you, all! I'm over it. I'm bloated and uncomfortable but it's okay. Usually a binge increases my hunger and craves for carbs. I'm wanting chocolate! But I'm all set, I'll be strong.

Swedish fish sound good, but they are not worth it all. So chewy that your teeth hurt and tastes so artificial. Bleh.

I'll check in later. Have an amazing Easter everyone! Mine is May 1st