July week 1

Options
luisalg14
luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
Hey guys, a few days late in the month, but I thought we might try to continue with the tradition of having check-ins on here on our weekly burns? I don't know about you, but it really helps me stay motivated to try to reach a goal at the end of the month! :smile:

Is anybody trying any new workouts? Summer, for those in the northern hemisphere, must be bringing new fun ways to get workouts in, huh?

Not for me though, because I prefer to work out at home :tongue: I have recently started this BB Combat programme and I'm in love with it (but that's because I really like MMA). I am currently working (or trying to, anyway) really hard on getting closer to what my macros should be, which is something I've been struggling with since getting back into fitness. I am slowly improving, and have found that burning slightly less calories than I was before is helping me so that I don't have such a massive deficit.

Anyway, I am shooting for 14k calories this month. Hopefully I can get there again!

Hope your July has had a great start so far.

P.S. Happy Independence Day to those in the US :drinker:

Replies

• wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I like this challenge so count me in :)
    My goal for July is 15,200 (3800 cals a week). I'm slowly decreasing the amount of exercises I do, so no more insane calorie burns + I'm gonna have at least one rest day a week.

I'm mainly focusing on strength training (every other day), kickboxing and bicycling. I may do some Les Mills Combat and Insanity workouts, and I hope I can try Focus T25 this month. My left foot is still painful so I'm not sure if I can do much walking and running this month.

Week 1 (1.-7.7.)
    01: 753 (strength training, kickboxing)
    02: 607 (bicycling 22.6km)
    03: 1096 (Nordic walking 3km, strength training, kickboxing)
    04: 615 (bicycling 25.9km)
    05:
    06:
    07:

Week 1 Total: 3071
    Week 1 Goal: 3800 (80.8%)
    July Goal: 15200 (20.2%)
  • luisalg14
    Options
    I like this challenge so count me in :)
    My goal for July is 15,200 (3800 cals a week). I'm slowly decreasing the amount of exercises I do, so no more insane calorie burns + I'm gonna have at least one rest day a week.

I'm mainly focusing on strength training (every other day), kickboxing and bicycling. I may do some Les Mills Combat and Insanity workouts, and I hope I can try Focus T25 this month. My left foot is still painful so I'm not sure if I can do much walking and running this month.

Week 1 (1.-7.7.)
    05:
    06:
    07:

Week 1 Total: 3071
    Week 1 Goal: 3800 (80.8%)
    July Goal: 15200 (20.2%)

But your week already looks pretty insane in the calories burnt :tongue:
    Hope your foot gets better soon!

I hear T25 is intense. I must admit I like the idea of a 25 min workout though. I'm quite liking Combat because of I'm spending 60 min max, although some days I do wonder if I shouldn't throw "something extra" to it when I finish. I guess in those days I will do yoga :smile:
  • wtw0n
    Options
    ^ I had a lot of energy the day before yesterday so I burned over 1000 cals. I admit that is an insane burn. But I will try to keep my weekly calorie burns between 3500 and 4000. I'm slowly starting to decrease the hours I spend exercising and increase the calories I consume. I've had a plenty of free-time the past year and so I've been able to exercise a lot, but I'm gonna go back to school next month and that means no more 2 to 4 hour workout sessions every day.

I checked Focus T25 exercises and the program looks like a lot of fun :) I'm gonna join one of the challenge groups and start doing the program mid-July.

Week 1 (1.-7.7.)
    05: 866 (strength training, mowing lawn)
    06: -rest day-
    07:

Week 1 Total: 3937
    Week 1 Goal: 3800 (103.6%)
    July Goal: 15200 (25.9%)
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Late posting my goal for the month. Did not make my plan last month so going to try for 20,000 calories this month. 2,579 complete so far this week.
  • luisalg14
    Options
    ^ I had a lot of energy the day before yesterday so I burned over 1000 cals. I admit that is an insane burn. But I will try to keep my weekly calorie burns between 3500 and 4000. I'm slowly starting to decrease the hours I spend exercising and increase the calories I consume. I've had a plenty of free-time the past year and so I've been able to exercise a lot, but I'm gonna go back to school next month and that means no more 2 to 4 hour workout sessions every day.

I checked Focus T25 exercises and the program looks like a lot of fun :) I'm gonna join one of the challenge groups and start doing the program mid-July.

Oh, going back to school sounds like fun! Good luck with that.
    I was thinking of doing the T25 mid July as well, because that's when I will be finished with my first round of Combat. Let me know closer to the date, maybe we could to it together!

Late posting my goal for the month. Did not make my plan last month so going to try for 20,000 calories this month. 2,579 complete so far this week.

Yay, the more, the merrier! 20k calories sounds awesome to me. You must have such great endurance :) Good luck to you!

This has been my progress so far

July 1st - 504 (Combat cardio fighter -not cardio teddybear!-)
    July 2nd - 326 (Combat Hiit power & inner warrior)
    July 3rd - 397 (Combat 30 & core attack)
    July 4th - 616 (Combat Hiit shock ploy -22m because of broken disc-, 30 & inner warrior)
    July 5th - 390 (Combat power kata)
    July 6th - 330 (Combat upper body, core attack & inner warrior)

Today was a strength day like I haven't had in a while. I know my shoulders and mid section are going to feel it tomorrow, so I will possibly take a day off to recharge, especially since I haven't rested for about 2 weeks. Sundays are hard to take off though, because I always want to eat more :p
  • wtw0n
    Options
    Oh, going back to school sounds like fun! Good luck with that.
    I was thinking of doing the T25 mid July as well, because that's when I will be finished with my first round of Combat. Let me know closer to the date, maybe we could to it together!

I joined this group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15069-challenge-group-focus-t-25 and I'll start doing Focus T25 on the 15th. I tried one exercise today and I loved it :)

Week 1 (1.-7.7.)
    05: 866 (strength training, mowing lawn)
    06: -rest day-
    07: 492 (strength training, Focus T25 - Upper Focus)

Week 1 Total: 4429
    Week 1 Goal: 3800 (116.55%)
    July Goal: 15200 (29.1%)

Burned way more than I planned, but I guess that's fine 'cause I've eaten a lot of crap this week :x
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'll keep posting here too.... I like the check ins. But I should start with week 2.... week 1 has been a complete failure for my diet - I've done some exercise but certainly not what i should have done considering my caloric intake! :bigsmile:
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just back from a week's vacation; sorry I'm late to the party.

So, my daily goal for June was 584 calories. Adding 5% for July makes it 613, or 19,003 for the month.

Week one goal 613 x 7 = 4,291
    Actual week one: 3,870

So I have some catching up to do. I don't anticipate any trouble achieving my goal this month, as I'll be commuting to work and back (13 km each way) for the next week or so (when it's not raining) due to road construction, and I'm still training for the Tri.

And YAY it's summer!!!!!!!
  • luisalg14
    Options
    I finished the week with 2563 calories burnt. Not too shabby, but I hope I'll do better on week 2!