Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Confused about Fitbit calorie adjustment

shouldn't it be giving me extra calories for going over my 10000 steps? Yesterday was a 14000 step day and today I'm at 12000 with a few more hours of house work still to do but it's not giving me any extra calories? Sometimes I get 1 but that's it. I feel like I should. Just curious.

Replies

• beachmom01
    beachmom01 Posts: 7 Member
    Are you set to sedentary? There is some kind of bug with it right now. I'm not getting any calories either and I am at 17,000 steps and I am set to sedentary. I should have a big adjustment and it is not working today.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    It does sound like something is probably off, but your question also shows that you don't understand how the interaction between Fitbit and MFP works. For a thorough explanation, I would recommend that you read the FAQ found in the stickies. Here's a handy link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1

In short, the number of steps you take does not have a direct effect on your Fitbit Calorie Adjustment in MFP. All MFP does with the step count it gets from Fitbit is display it. MFP uses the calories burned number that Fitbit sends it to compute your adjustment. So, look on the exercise page (on the mobile app, in the diary) to find the adjustment then click on the little 'i' next to it (on the mobile app, touch, then touch again) to get the math MFP is using. It is likely that either your Fitbit Calories burned number is too low for some reason (compare it to what Fitbit says it is) or your MFP Calories Burned number is too high (check your settings).
  • laurelh8
    laurelh8 Posts: 38 Member
    I'm having the same issue with the Fitbit calorie adjustment for the last two days. Today I have 7000 steps so far (will have 12000+) but am only getting a 66 calorie adjustment. I usually have at least a 200 calorie adjustment by this time of day after my brisk 2.5 mile walk at lunch. I'm set to sedentary as well. I opened a troubleshooting ticket.
  • laurelh8
    laurelh8 Posts: 38 Member
    Appears to be fixed...