Team Challenge One: The Great Ocean Road (starts 1st April)

Options

Replies

• lungs59
    lungs59 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Klipsan wrote: »
    Hello fellow travelers. Bonaparte and I took a little side trip out of Torquay to watch the surfers at Bells Beach. There were a couple of surfers smokin’ up in van while their golden retriever dug holes in the sand. I kept walking but I could tell Bonaparte wanted to stay and visit that golden haired beauty.

Golden1.jpg

Oh you sure make my day Klipsan..... and if I get a dog I want you to name it!
  • lungs59
    lungs59 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sorry a little late adding my info but I am all up to date now
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Ok, fellow strollers, its time for our Day Three update! Drum roll please......

In the immortal words of Jon Bon Jovi "Oooh, we're halfway there"! Well, actually more than halfway, we've walked 55% of the way along the Great Ocean Road. Great job, team :smiley:

We've walked right on through Lorne, and have safely arrived at Apollo Bay.

an8lhahp1i13.jpg

With the addition of the extra data from your team-mates, we covered a mahooosive 36.59 miles yesterday! Ok, so some of was from the previous days, but who cares when we have all this sunshine and blue water to look at?

We beat our week one target in just three days - we truly are Team Awesome. I'm starting to think we're gonna kick this one in the pants in a week, and if we do, let's keep walking to see just how many miles we can get done in the two weeks.

sowopptjo0j7.jpg
  • LCSt68
    LCSt68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    LCSt68 wrote: »

... how are you converting steps into miles? I'll post miles if it's easier.

Steps or miles is fine. An adult has a pace of between 2000 and 2500 steps per mile, so I'm using the middle point, 2250, and working it out from there. When people enter steps, I divide the number of steps by 2250 to get the mile count. I figured it was probably the fairest way of doing it without actually travelling to meet all you lovely people and measuring your strides :smile:

You just made me BWWAaaahahaAAAa! You're invited to come measure my stride any time you find yourself in the neighborhood. :D
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm away from a PC until tonight and can't update on a mobile device. Do you mind if I post my Day 4 steps here? I want to be sure they're counted. I did 7988 for Day 4.

Thanks!!
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    I'm away from a PC until tonight and can't update on a mobile device. Do you mind if I post my Day 4 steps here? I want to be sure they're counted. I did 7988 for Day 4.

Thanks!!

I'll update the sheet. Great work today :smile:
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I made it about 10 mins maybe 600 steps .. Sorry so small . coughing got to me and had to stop . phone won't let me add
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Here's my count for Tues. Apr. 5th:
    5235 steps/2.52 miles

thanks!
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Sorry for the delayed update, I have two essays kicking my butt, but I've tallied the totals, and here are our new updates.

Drum roll...

benny-plays-the-bucket-drum-o.gif

Our total for Day Four was a grand 21.76 miles, taking us to 69% of our total goal, woo hoo!

dl9x4vsf1yg5.jpg

mc-hammer-running-man-1373309935.gif
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Ok, are we ready for an even bigger update.

Day Five:

Team Awesome covered a whopping 30.3 miles, taking us to EIGHTY-NINE PER CENT of our target!!

giphy.gif

Depending on how we did today, well.... we might have made it folks. But I'm not counting chickens here. lets see what the morning brings....

We made it to the Twelve Apostles today, and decided to all dip our toes in that beautiful blue water. We know that as we're so close to making it, we can take a little time.

h7zrnnsyfvy1.jpg

6x5ji2ib42w6.jpg

We're so close now, we can almost feel that finishing line ribbon...
  • katdanash
    Options
    Wow!!! Same as yesterday for me . 10 min walk . maybe a tad farther and faster today .. About 600 steps .
  • katdanash
    Options
    will you at my 10 min walk that I posted earlier and add a 10 min low impact aerobics if you can .. Thanks
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I finally had something to add, but I put it in as 30 min slow pace walk..sorry I didn't know what that would be in miles, is that ok?
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    @ 23:59 on Wed. the 6th I hit 4999 steps (2.18 miles)...SO annoying because by the time I got ready to check my total, it was midnight--so any other steps roll over to the next day! I hate #'s like that! :# (...guess I don't need to mention that I have obsessive-compulsive tendencies...? :blush: )
    This group is cookin! Looks like we'll soon have to start thinking about where we're walking next! (My early vote is UK end to end...I've always wanted to go to Scotland! :D )
    Thank you again for being such a bitchin' walk coordinator! (...perhaps I should mention that "bitchin'" is a compliment in late 20th century American slang!) B)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    katdanash wrote: »
    will you at my 10 min walk that I posted earlier and add a 10 min low impact aerobics if you can .. Thanks

I'd be happy to. I'll update the sheet at some point today.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Tata0716 wrote: »
    I finally had something to add, but I put it in as 30 min slow pace walk..sorry I didn't know what that would be in miles, is that ok?

No worries, I'll do the maths and add it to the total :smile:
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Thank you again for being such a bitchin' walk coordinator! (...perhaps I should mention that "bitchin'" is a compliment in late 20th century American slang!) B)

I'm happy to be 'bitchin', ha ha, and thanks.

I'm doing the basic set up for the next team challenge now so we're ready to roll come May 1st. But I'm dying to know how far we make it in 14 days for this one...
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Bumping this to remind everyone to add their data for the 6th April.

I'm going to tally up in a few hours, and I think we may have made it....
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm getting an error message on the spreadsheet today. I'll check back later but if I forget, it the same thing as every day, 45 minutes of seated aerobics :) .