Blood glucose readings

Options
Hello all!
I've been a type 1 diabetic for 30 years. I suppose this is also my introductory post as well as some info about my blood sugar readings after starting MFP. Prior to watching what I ate, my blood sugars were commonly in the 250-300 range, when I bothered to check it at all. Now, however, my blood sugars have been consistently under 150, and many times below 110! The downside here is that when my blood sugars drop below 60, it's hard for me to tell. Hypoglycemia unawares is prevalent in long term diabetics, so it is important to check your blood sugars frequently. I definitely feel better (not sluggish or fatigued all the time), so even though the weight loss is taking its time, the inner physiologic responses will be vastly improved in a lower A1C, lower blood pressure and a healthy lipid panel.

Looking forward to meeting some of my fellow diabetic weight loss fanatics on here!

Replies

• sshimeall
    sshimeall Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello Eric -

Welcome aboard. I have been diagnosed since early March, which makes me a newbie. I am a type 2 diabetic, and as of this week supposedly meet the criteria for being "controlled". At the time of my diagnosis, I had an A1c of 9.9, and my BG was at 280.

I typically range from about 125-165, although I try to keep it in the 120's to 140's if I can. I am on oral drugs, diet, and trying to learn to exercise, but still struggling with the last bit.

Steve