How do you manage charging unit?

Options
R_Queenie
R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
I didn't realize how lucky I was to have the battery length of the Fitbit One until it was gone....I have upgraded to a newer model (Surge) and it keeps the charge for 5 days. I track sleep quality as well. So I find that my least favorite day is when I have to have the unit on the charger. I hate missing steps and I don't always have the luxury of scheduling charge during times that I am planning to be inactive---unless I do it overnight and then I lose sleep.

How do others deal with the 5 day battery life / manage charging and losing the least data?

Replies

• tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I charge it while I'm at work, but I work a desk job, so it is easy to just take it off and charge it real quick while I work. How long does the surge take to charge? My Charge HR only takes an hour or less.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    DH has the surge, too, and he plugs it in while he's in the shower - every single day. I don't think it's every fully charged, but it never dies, either.
  • Owlfan88
    Owlfan88 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I charge my charge HR every day during my shower. Like above, it's rarely fully charged, but it will stay most of the way charged for a long while. When I notice it starting to get low, I will let it charge for about an hour while I sit after dinner or even have charged it while driving.
  • sarahmichelef
    sarahmichelef Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I do the same with my Flex. Probably have to put it on the charger for a longer stretch once every 7 or 10 days.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I also charge while in the shower.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I charge at night because I could not get used to sleeping with it on my wrist. Perhaps I am odd like that.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Charging it every day while in the shower is a really easy way to keep the battery full and not lose a lot of steps. I mean my outlet in the bathroom and the shower are about 3 feet away from each other, so I'll lose maybe 10-15 steps walking in the bathtub to get shampoo, etc.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Good idea with the shower charge. I do have a desk job...but the kind where you could need to dash around at any given moment. I am sure the surge takes about an houror two to charge...feels like an eternity when it happens at an unplanned moment. Thanks for the feedback!! Happy stepping.
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    In the car! I'm not moving, and for me it's easy to grab when I get to where I'm going.