Hey Guys!!

Options
akerra27
akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
Hope everyone is doing well! I wanted to introduce myself. I am Akerra I am 30 years old and been over weight my whole life. Kindergarten I was 80 pounds and wore a size 5 in women's in 6th grade I remember being in a size 16 then onto highschool I was in junior and senior year in a size 24. The weight (since I rarely weighed in and if I did I do not remember) that I last remember in highschool was in the 280s. After graduating I went straight into college and quickly went upto 295 where I maintained for two years. At the age of 20 weight went up to a steady 305. At 22 it stayed around 315-320 what I maintained up until this past year. I knew I was gaining but did not get on the scale. It wasn't until I planned a spontaneous girls trip to Destin FL the beginning of January this year did I see just how much I had gained.

The feeling of being on the Gulf of Mexico and not being able to get a picture I liked really bothered me. I have always been big but I have always been able to take decent face pictures. I failed to get one picture I liked from that trip. Not to mention back pain on the road trip something I had never really experienced to this extent.

I came home and the next day I weighed myself and seen what I had never seen before...339.5. I was completely in shock. I don't know why the shock I guess I always maintained a certain area. When I would "diet" I would just lose down to my comfort zone.

I knew I had to make some serious changes. For some reason I knew deep down this was going to be the time I did it. After alot of research countless hours watching youtube success stories and applying their advice I slowly have built myself up physically and most importantly mentally. Each day I keep at it and I always stand by one moto I actually believe I came up with this one on my own. "Do more than you did yesterday" This doesn't just mean exercise it's choices also. If you have a "bad day" with food just keep it better than 'yesterday' (reference to whenever you started) I still view this as progress in my eyes.

Currently as of yesterday I am down 40.7 pounds and I made yesterday under 300 pounds. Something I have not seen since I was 20.

One last thing after all the research I realized I was going to really incorporate some sort of exercise. I joined a local gym where the owner has a great community reputation. After adding him as friends on Facebook he later posted a picture with an article on why people fail to lose weight. One of the reasons was NOT having a workout buddy to hold you accountable and the percentage for failure was insanely high. This really angered me deep down...at this point I had been doing everything alone. I then decided at that moment I wanted to prove him and wherever he got his information wrong. Still to this day (all but one day) I have worked out alone. I have pushed myself harder than the day before ALONE and I will continue to have that control of really seeing myself succeed.

If you are still reading this...Thank you for reading and listening to my story. You will be amazed what your body can do in a very short amount of time. Started not even 3 months ago barely doing 2.8 at a 0 incline to just beating my personal record running/walking a mile on a trail at 13:36. You just gotta push harder than you did yesterday last month and one year ago.

Akerra

(Sorry for typos walking on the trail now lol)