Any new moms here?

Options
servilia
servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
My daughter is 4 weeks old and I'm looking for other new moms on here. Pre baby I was between 150-155 and I'm 5'9" (although I'd like to go down to 140). I got up to 198lbs and now am at 173. I'm exclusively breastfeeding and will start workouts soon, after my checkup. Guess I'm just looking for motivation and new friends in the same boat.

Replies

• WestslopeCutty
    WestslopeCutty Posts: 30 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm at 6 weeks + 2 days, and have just been released to "normal" activities. I have a drastically weakened pelvic floor though, so I have to modify everything until that is rehabbed. I'm also exclusively breastfeeding, so that is of course my number one priority. I've just begun slowly working out (beyond just walking), so we'll see how it goes! Feel free to request me.
    5'6"
    Pre-baby: 165lbs, around 24-25% body fat
    6 Weeks: 180lbs, likely 30% body fat (ouch)
    Short-ish Goal: 160lbs
    Ultimate Goal: 150lbs
  • servilia
    Options
    I'm exclusively breastfeeding too so I'm trying to balance my eating so that I eat enough but not too much. It's hard sometimes. I hope your pelvic floor gets back to normal soon. What are you doing eating-wise?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    My son is 2 months old, also BF'ing, trying to juggle looking after him and my toddler, and trying to fit workouts in. I'm finding it extra tough because this guy does not like to sleep at night so I am in a constant cloud of exhaustion!
  • servilia
    Options
    Congrats on your baby sardelsa. Ps I'm from Toronto too!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    My baby is 2 weeks old. I see doc in 2 more weeks to see if I can be released to normal activities. I have 10 children total.
  • servilia
    Options
    Wow 10 :) jealous you get to be seen earlier than the norm around here. Congrats on your baby. Ps everyone feel free to add me!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Hi! My third baby just turned 8 weeks old.I was on bed rest for the last few weeks. I gained 40 pounds and I have lost 30 so far. I want to lose an additional 15-20 pounds, putting me in the mid 120s. I'm only 5'0. I am also exclusively breastfeeding. I am counting calories, around 1800 and trying to make healthy choices. I am fitting in workouts when I can.
  • asavedprincess
    asavedprincess Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My baby is 5 wks old! I too, am exclusively breastfeeding. From giving birth until now, I have only lost 15 lbs... Ouch! Pre pregnancy I was 130 lbs, now I weigh 160lbs... Lookin to lose weight through eating healthy. Imma b honest I hate exercise! Lol! Anybody feel free to add me and give me tips!
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi! My baby is just one week old. I'm not ready for exercise yet, but I'd like to start getting back into the habit of tracking calories. I have 35 pounds to lose.

Congrats, Mamas, on your babies!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 6 months now. Dropped all the pregnancy weight already with only diet. So it can be done. :) 204lbs at birth down to 156lbs now. Lowest as an adult was 150lbs before a bulk before I found out I was pregnant.

Now back to lifting I go to get the muscles again I had pre baby and to drop the last few % of body fat. :)
  • Garlicmushroom
    Garlicmushroom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My latest baby is now 19months but I waited a yr before trying to rid the weight. 18lbs down so far .
    I have the goal to be 147 by my birthday in October but I want to reach 140 aswell. I haven't been able to get under that since I started using mfp 5 yrs ago after having my 2nd child. Again I waited a yr.
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My baby is three months old. I'm EBF. I gained 30lbs during pregnancy. I was at my heaviest when I got pregnancy. As of today, I've lost the baby weight. 20lbs quickly came off, then I lost the other ten by calorie counting. I would like to lose 50 lbs now.
  • Teweeesa
    Teweeesa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My bubs is 11 weeks. I was already overweight when I got pregnant. I put on 15kg/33lb during pregnancy. I'm back to 104kg/229lb, and I'd like to lose 30-40kg/85lbs. It's going to be hard work, but it'll be worth it!
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 weeks PP and EBF, with a toddler as well.
    I'm 5'6" 184 (about 9 lbs from prepregnancy though my weight fluctuated a bit as I was focusing on weight loss before I got a positive test), with a goal of 155.
  • Passionately_Positive
    Options
    I'm 3 weeks PP and looking to lose some of this extra unwanted weight!! I was using mfp prior to becoming pregnant and lost a significant amount of weight. Now babys out, its time to get back on track lol!! Feel free to add me =)
  • KairalieWilliams998
    KairalieWilliams998 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies! I too have recently had a baby and am looking for friends as I'm also new to MFP.
    My newest addition is 10 weeks old and my oldest is 8 years so.. quite the gap!
    I'm not sure if I fit in here as I'm heavier than all of you have mentioned you are and so feeling a bit out of place here and in my own skin.
    I'm 5'5 and on the day my baby was born I was 302lbs, I'm currently 287lbs which was all baby weight and fluid!
    It being summertime my oldest is home all day and I'm finding it hard to find the time to do anything! Even shower.. (STILL) My little one doesn't nap long, and is up most of the night until about 2-3am and then I am finally falling into bed for 4 hours when I am up again for the DAY. It's completely exhausting and I barely have time to throw something store bought into the oven let alone try and prep something healthy and work out. HELP!! How are you ladies doing it?!

Would love to make some friends here as I have none, and I'd love to hear how you all manage your days and multiple children who never seem to leave you alone long enough to pee by yourself!
    Thanks
  • danazemluk697
    danazemluk697 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My baby is only 3 weeks old and I need some friends on here as well. I'm 5'1 and 195 lbs which is about where I was pre-pregnancy but I need to lose more to keep up with these boys! I also have a 3 year old and am still just trying to survive the newborn stage! I am going to start tracking my food to make sure I at least start eating healthier while breastfeeding. I will think about exercise after the 6 week mark.
  • Beeteezie
    Beeteezie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 weeker as well. I had a c section and feeling pretty good. Up walking and moving along with no problem. I got my tubes tied with this one, so I am anxious about getting into a fitness routine. I'm also pumping and breastfeeding, producing about 30-40 oz of milk a day.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I had my kiddo on father's day and am now trying to lose weight. It seems like I'm just bouncing around. I think it's the sleep deprivation getting to me. Baby basically only sleeps on me so everyone in the house gets to sleep except me lol.

I have 10 lb to lose. I am at pre preg weight but none of my clothes fit so I'm going to have to maintain less than what I used to be. Boo. But I'm not rebuying all my clothes. Nope nope.

Feel free to add me! Always looking for friends in similar life stages as me.

Have not started exercise yet. I need to do it when hubs can care for baby since baby doesn't nap unless he is on me. But hubs is building our deck so it won't happen till that's done.

Otherwise I'm just loosely tracking and hoping that will be good enough to lose.

And lol. No peeing by yourself is right. I just don't seem to pee anymore. Today I had to poop while bouncing my baby on my knee omg. He was screaming overtired and I was feeling terrible and couldn't wait lol. Tmi
  • nrochelle3
    nrochelle3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Im a FTM to an almost 10 mo baby girl. I haven't had a routine to include exercise but I am on a mission at this point. I lost all my pregnancy weight plus some thanks to ebf! However I have been under stress the last few months and picked up 7 lbs. I was already overweight when I became pregnant and I don't want to get back to my previous weight. I want a healthier lifestyle so I can show my daughter a better way to eat, train and live well!