Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Meal ideas

inkashlie
inkashlie Posts: 1 Member
My husband and I have started our first round of Whole30 this morning! Looking for meal ideas and wondering if I can friend some of you on here to see what you are eating. This morning we had scrambled eggs with chopped baby spinach mixed in, ground turkey with bell peppers and onions chopped and mixed in, and roasted sweet potatoes. It was very filling! I have always been a smoothie in the morning person, so eating this amount of food was difficult! But I enjoy cooking and loved getting up early to make breakfast before work.
Feel free to add me so we can keep tabs on each other and stay motivated! Any and all meal suggestions welcomed!

Replies

• kpriddyrn
    kpriddyrn Posts: 6 Member
    That sounds wonderful! I had an egg white omelet with spinach and shredded chicken breast. For lunch I had chicken salad - shredded chicken breast with boiled eggs, grapes, slivered almonds and homemade mayo. I ate it on wide strips of red bell pepper. Soooo good although the homemade mayo will take some getting used to ha! I started my Whole30 on Friday the 1st and this is my first round too.
  • lupie777
    lupie777 Posts: 217 Member
    My husband and I are starting tomorrow I'm trying to do some meal prepping today. I made 18 egg cups that can be reheated up each morning for my hubby. Each has 1 egg, peppers, onions, 1 piece of turkey sausage.spices. We have been Paleo for 13 months already so just trying to do a reset.
  • gordonfreas
    gordonfreas Posts: 3 Member
    My wife and I, along with our 2 oldest children ,(23 & 25) started on the 1St. Halfway there!!!
    Just wanted to ask what you whole 30ers are eating for breakfast? We're trying to have some variety and not eat eggs EVERY day. Cholesterol is an issue. We did try the twice baked sweet potatoes for breakfast which was good. Any Paleolithic people have a non egg breakfast favorite they can share?
  • LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    edited April 2016
    My wife and I, along with our 2 oldest children ,(23 & 25) started on the 1St. Halfway there!!!
    Just wanted to ask what you whole 30ers are eating for breakfast? We're trying to have some variety and not eat eggs EVERY day. Cholesterol is an issue. We did try the twice baked sweet potatoes for breakfast which was good. Any Paleolithic people have a non egg breakfast favorite they can share?

Good question. I started my first round April 1 as well and am finding that I'm either eating leftovers or a full 'dinner' for breakfast. On days I start working early (7am) I usually wake up at 5, cook my meals for the day and once I get to work, I usually have one of those cooked meals as my brekkie. There seems to be no distinctions between breakfast, lunch or dinner; I'm eating whatever I have pre-prepared.

Great to see you and your family doing it together.