Accountable to me challenge

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
This is Accountable to me challenge. Post three things you have learned in this challenge you have been accountable with, could be posting your weight every week , planning healthy meals everyday or logging everyday .

Replies

• mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Things I have already gained from this challenge:
    1. I have been focusing on keeping my water intake up since the Drink half your body weight challenge. I have really noticed a difference with the way I feel.
    2. Since the rainbow food challenge, I have been trying to eat more veggies at lunch. The last few weeks it was a salad with lunch. This week, i finely chopped celery and shredded carrots to add to my chicken salad, and I added tomato slices to my wrap.
    3. I have been keeping up with logging my activity and weight on the spreadsheets.

What else I would like to accomplish:
    1. To continue pushing myself to try new things.
    2. To lost another 8 pounds by the end of the challenge
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    1. Daily logging of food intake; I was a little spotty before
    2. Daily exercise!!! This challenge has really taken a couch potato off the couch!
    3. Cutting down on white sugar and flour

Two things I would like to achieve by the end of this challenge:
    1. Drop some more weight (another 4-6 pounds should be attainable)
    2. Add more variety to my daily meals
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Things I have learned that I can be accountable for:
    1 - my calorie intake. I haven't gotten the hang of my macros yet (but will one day) but in the mean time, I am able to create a pattern by effectively logging my intake of foods to see what my habits are and where I can make adjustments.
    2 - my water intake. I always used to drink water, but used a lot of unsweet tea in there too. Since the water challenge - I haven't made one drop of tea. I did drink it a time when at a restaurant and have had my Dr. Pepper (my caffeine supply as I don't do coffee) when I was trying to get rid of a migraine (it works sometimes) but otherwise, water has been my drink day or night.
    3 - my activity has increased and I find myself checking to see where I stand and what I need to do way more than I was before there was a goal. I know I was totally off last week due to weird headaches/body aches without actually being sick... but I did manage to get the steps in for one of the challenges. I know that before this challenge last week would have been a big fat bust..

What I would like to accomplish before end of challenge:
    1 - to get back into and STAY in ONEderland
    2 - to get on track to doing a morning run (or my run - for some a slow jog or fast walk!) every weekday morning when the kids get on the bus. I really hate the treadmill so outside dirt roads are my thing. With the change in time and weather, I really want to establish this habit

Umm.. I have one more so gonna go for it here and put it out to everyone..
    3 - to get on a better sleep schedule - I don't get to bed until late which makes mornings hard for me. When I have the opportunity to be home and in bed before 10, I want to. I know it won't work on my guys training nights as a 4 hour ride to and from puts us home about that time and hoping on those nights to get to bed by 11.. No More MIDNIGHTS.

• AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Things that I've learned to be accountable for:
    1 - Meal prepping! I've learned during this challenge how important it is to be organized and have a plan for the week so you're never unprepared and resort to junk food!
    2 - I've learned to be more accountable with logging - before I wasn't logging on the weekends or when I ate badly I would just decide I wasn't going to log it. Now, I log no matter what.
    3 - I go to the gym really early in the morning, and before this challenge I was doing a lot of sleeping in and blowing it off. I really haven't missed a day of exercise since this challenge started!

Things I'd like to improve on during the rest of this challenge:
    1 - I'm hoping to lose another 5 pounds!
    2 - Try to be more strict on my evening workouts, they're usually not long ones but I'm just so tired by the end of the day I just decide not to do them.
  • cygrad03
    cygrad03 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Things I have learned to be accountable for:
    1. Logging in everyday
    2. Doing the extras for the week even though they may be outside what I am comfortable with I always try to get them done.
    3. Logging activity and weight on spreadsheet

Things I would like to improve on:
    1 - I really want to reach my goal weight
    2 - Get more exercise at night when it is nice outside
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Since joining this challenge I've tried to be more accountable with:
    Exercise
    Eating more of a variety of healthy foods
    Going outside my comfort zone with exercise
    Improvements:
    Staying on track no matter what life throws you
    Not think of unhealthy food as a reward
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Accountable for:
    1. Logging in food diary.
    2. Logging in exercise diary.
    3. Team participation/road blocks.
    Strive for:
    1. Weight goal.
    2. Improve body Lean muscle/fat ratio.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Things I've learned:
    1. It really is as simple as eating under your calorie limit. Actually staying under your calorie limit when your body is yelling I'M STARVING (no it's not) is the challenging part.
    2. I can't do this on my own. I've tried and I've failed before. But now that I'm part of groups and have connected with people who are in the same place as me (and further ahead!) I feel like I can really do this.
    3. Being mindful of my activity. I've worn my tracker every day since I've gotten it but hardly paid attention. Now I'm looking forward to pushing myself! (most of the time hehe)

Things I need to improve on:
    1. Not emotionally eating. Last week was super stressful and I turned to comfort (read: fatty and unhealthy food). I realized while I was eating that it wasn't making me feel better, but I ate it anyway. And I gained weight. Stress should not have power over what I eat!
    2. Planning ahead. Thinking about what I'm having for dinner tonight when I only have an hour between work and rehearsal and... whoops. Improvising usually means its not as healthy. But if I had planned ahead like I meant to...
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    1. I learned that I enjoy working with a team. Helps to keep me motivated knowing that someone else depends on me.
    2. The food challenges has me changing my shopping habits. Instead of shopping for the week I am shopping more often :wink:
    3. I have been trying harder to log all of my activities on mfp not just my cardio

What else I would like to accomplish:
    1. Keep trying new things to keep my workouts interesting.
    2. Teach my husband how to access the community on his phone! :smiley:
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 265 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Accountable for:
    1. Water intake. After the water challenge, I realize I was Way below what I am supposed too be drinking.
    2. I can second the above poster in that the group helps me stay motivated. I can't slack as much as. I normally would.
    3. Less eating lunch out. I would go to my diner and grab a plate of fries and gravy 3x a week. I haven't been in 3 weeks! Go me!!

Need to work on:
    1. More sleep. I always feel like I have to stay up and have me time, after my kids go to bed. And I end up staying up super late, catching up on shows I don't have time to watch during the week.
    2. LOGGING, LOGGING, LOGGING! It is my biggest fail.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Accountable:
    1. logging my food. I wasn't a real fan of taking the time to log my food
    2. exercising 6 to 7 days a week.
    3. not taking the weekend off and undoing all the good that I have done during the weekday.

Need to work on:
    1. Drinking more water
    2. Eating more raw foods and not over cooking my vegetables.
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Things I have improved:

1-Food prepping
    2-Learned to rest to avoid reccuring injuries
    3-Logging

Things I need to improve:

1-Loving my "new" body
    2-Eating more proteins
  • issy62087
    issy62087 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have improved logging food
    I have improved my water intake
    I have improved making exercise part of my weekly routine.

I will try to improve resisting my impulses to binge eat sweets
  • Pmm5pla
    Pmm5pla Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am generally (most days) accountable for:
    1. Logging my food accurately
    2. Logging my exercise accurately (i always do this anyway)
    3. taking responsibility for updating the spreadsheet team section from week to week

Still on my agenda for weeks ahead:
    1. drink more water every day. I'm way behind where i should be
    2. Eat less after 8pm. This has always my main problem, but in last month, i've improved the number of "good" evenings.
  • LizFitIt34
    LizFitIt34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Things I have improved:
    1.Drinking more water
    2.Thanks to all the great challenges I have started to use heavy weights and I see a big difference.
    3.Going outside my comfort zone and trying new exercises I wouldn't have ever tried on my own.

Things I need to work on:
    1. Telling myself its ok to take a rest day. I haven't had a rest day in months.
    2. A loss is a loss even if it's only .6 ITS OK JUST BREATHE!!
  • countrcowgirl
    countrcowgirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am accountable to me for

1) Logging everyday
    2) Trying so different foods... to not rely on the same ole tried and true the food challenges help with this
    3) Getting off my butt and moving... got to log those minutes! OWN your workout.

Things I still need to do/try/or get better at
    1) More variation in my exercise routine - I do the road blocks but I need try more things in the gym versus the tried and true
    2) Be consistent with water, water, water... I do 10 cups a day but would like to be closer to 16 :)
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Things I have been accountable for:
    1. Logging daily
    2. Getting in my water
    3. Keeping up with challenges/roadblocks

Thing I need more work on:
    1. Staying on track, making better choices
    2. I need to give up Diet Coke this is an addiction for me and I find it hard to give up
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    1. logging both food and exercise everyday keeps me mindful of what is necessary for me
    2. doing what I could of the challenges despite a sprained ankle and a bum knee
    3. forgoing a box of chocolate drumsticks in the freezer. I probably would have caved if it weren't for the challenge; but I put it back.

Two things I want to follow through on are:
    1. carrying through with thinking about making my favourite dishes lighter in fats, sugars and salt
    2. making a point of doing exercise outside of my daily routine at work and home. It pays off!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    1. Daily logging of food intake;
    2. Daily exercise!!!
    3. increased my H20 intake

Two things I would like to achieve by the end of this challenge:
    1. Drop 4-6 pounds
    2. food prep, I am pretty good 6 /7 days per week ( Saturdays ar my problem days)
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Three things I have leaned from this challenge
    1) Maintain the weight is key
    2) workout everyday
    3) Try to increase water intake

Two things I want to follow
    1) stay with in the challenge
    2) Have sweets in moderate amount
This discussion has been closed.