New "Active Hours" tile

Options
2»

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Looked on Fitbit forums and it's only for trackers with the auto-sleep feature. :neutral:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ok thank you so much. Appreciate it :smile:
  • zeroone614
    zeroone614 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How annoying :/ But thanks for figuring that out.
  • sarahmichelef
    sarahmichelef Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's a bummer that it's not for all fit bits. Makes sense, though, I guess, from a tech standpoint.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,755 Member
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    Owlfan88 wrote: »
    shanna7787 wrote: »
    I actually waited during the 1 o'Clock hour to see if it would vibrate... It didn't! So I missed that one because I forgot! :( So at this time I don't even know if Charge HR's will vibrate. That makes me sad. @Owlfan88

Darn! I was hoping I could get it to remind me. I thought I had gotten my movement each hour, but I missed 4 pm (and then again at 8 pm- I had no steps that hour, but got lots done on my taxes. I'm ok with that trade off.)

I'd love that reminder, too. I missed one hour in the middle of the day yesterday and if I'd had a "you haven't moved enough" reminder I could have gotten it. I can tell evenings are going to be hardest for me, so I may turn off the last hour or two of the day.

Only the Alta has the ability to notify you to move according to fitbit.com.

Here is the last para extract from the Announcements

"The Hourly Activity and Stationary Time tiles are available for anyone using a tracker that has the auto-sleep feature, which includes all trackers except for Fitbit Zip and Fitbit One. Keep in mind that Hourly Activity and Stationary Time are different from Reminders to Move, which is a feature that currently only exists on Alta, and is a physical vibration from your tracker each hour when you haven't taken 250 steps yet"

There is a suggestion to get the alert function over to at least the Charge HR /Surge devices, up vote it at this link:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Reminders-to-Move-for-Surge-and-Charge-HR/idi-p/1162197

A little under a 1000 votes currently, with almost 500 comments under the original request. Hopefully that is enough numbers to get the dev team to take action.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Thanks, retirehappy. I've up voted it and posted a comment.
  • AGalinAZ
    AGalinAZ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have it for my FitBit Flex and its great! 250 steps is not a lot but I'm motivated to hit that dot! I find myself walking more briskly and finding ways to squeeze steps in..pacing while on the phone, walking around the house while folding clothing, marching in place while waiting for the coffee to brew...lots of opportunities!
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I sort of hate it. I take between 15K and 25K steps a day. But there are times when I'm inactive. Like during a 1.5 hour long meeting at work. Or when I'm driving 62 miles to or from work. I get all hours sometimes but it's impossible to do it every day. Then I feel guilty about it.
  • NancyN795
    Options
    @pineygirl : My son doesn't like it either, probably for the same reason. He just can't always get those steps in. If I didn't have enough control over my ability to get up and move, I'd hate it too. You can always just get rid of the tile so you don't have to see it.

It might be nice if the hours didn't have to be consecutive, because I'm sure you're not the only one who has a long commute or some other predictable sedentary period in the middle of the day.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    @pineygirl : My son doesn't like it either, probably for the same reason. He just can't always get those steps in. If I didn't have enough control over my ability to get up and move, I'd hate it too. You can always just get rid of the tile so you don't have to see it.

It might be nice if the hours didn't have to be consecutive, because I'm sure you're not the only one who has a long commute or some other predictable sedentary period in the middle of the day.

What would be nice is being able to set a range of hours (ie: 8am-7pm) during which you have a total of, say, 6 hours with 250 steps or more, rather than 250 steps during each of the hours in that range.

~Lyssa
  • NancyN795
    Options
    That's a great idea, Lyssa. That way, your schedule can vary.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,755 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »

What would be nice is being able to set a range of hours (ie: 8am-7pm) during which you have a total of, say, 6 hours with 250 steps or more, rather than 250 steps during each of the hours in that range.

~Lyssa

Lyssa, you should go to fitbit.com and make that a suggestion, just this thread shows the current method doesn't suit everyone.
    https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/