What are you walking to and working on this week?

Options
SaskyB
SaskyB Posts: 19 Member
Hiya.

I'm a newbee walker with you all and want to hear about what you are walking to and working on? I'm alternating between the Walk it off in 30 Days and Walk Slim Fast and Firm. I am trying to work on tightening my post baby/caesarean pooch!!

Recommendations of other DVDs are most welcome =).

Replies

• hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi SaskyB. I am fairly new here too, almost a month.
    I only have 2 of Leslie's DVD's. One is her Walking to the Hits (with HIIT), and Walk Away the Pounds, which uses weighted (water-filled) balls (about 2 pounds each). Since I live in a high-rise, I am doing this on my 1 area rug, to help muffle the sound for the neighbours below. I found the HIIT one a bit difficult because of this because she uses a lot of twist-type movements and my shoes don't move well in the plush rug, so I am focusing more on the Walk Away the Pounds one. It has 1 2 and 3 mile workouts, plus you can do it without the weighted balls, or modified arm movements, or the full movement, so I am working on building up the time/ distance, as well as the arm exercises.
    I became rather sedentary when I retired 2 years ago (I am 66) so I am really at beginner level, so this is working for me.
    I plan to add more DVD's as I go along, so replies to this thread will help me too.

BTW, I am trying to do these in the mornings now. At least 1 mile. I am hoping that once this wintery weather finally disappears, I will add in some outside walking. (Any outside walking I have done recently just ends up with ear aches.)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I have been walking with Leslie for 2 years now. Leslie has given me back my life. I have a handful of her DVDs but I much prefer Youtube for her walks. I did the 3 Mile American Heart Assoc Walk this morning. It is one of my favorites. Her 3 mile 5K with a twist is another good one. I keep my laptop on the kitchen counter and do my walks in front of my sink. LOL I can not do them on the carpet...I tend to trip. I much prefer to walk outdoors and I am often out the door at 5 am before sunrise sneaking in my walks before my grandson arrives for the day. I took up golf last year and I am addicted. I average about 6 miles each 18 holes. Walking first thing in the morning is a great way to start the day for me.

BTW....when I started with Leslie it me a week to walk a mile.
  • Fernella13
    Fernella13 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I did the 4 mile walk yesterday :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm maintaining my 80 pound loss. Walking with Leslie most days of the week really helps with that. :) I started walking with her the summer of 2012. I could barely keep up with a 1/2 mile.

Now I get in 5 - 8 miles a day or just a 1 or 2 mile as a warmup before lifting weights.

I did 4 Really Big Miles this morning and I'm doing Burn Body Fat and Sculpt your arms (2 miles) tonight.

I get in a walk as soon as I wake up and another a couple of hours after dinner most days of the week. I am looking forward to adding in more outdoor walks as well as the weather gets better.
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Miracle Miles. I am doing the 1 mile + the full body strength and working my way back up the ladder. I also have a recumbent bike that I ride for 20-30 min per day.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I love burn to the beat, my latest favorite, I do the 3rd mile that is a 5mph walk and I do that one 4 times. It is quick so it is good for me first thing in the morning before work.

I have to be careful because I have a torn meniscus and bakers cyst I am trying to let heal without surgery, so its a pain!

good luck!
  • puddles1450
    puddles1450 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I did the Walk Indoors, Interval video on my lunch break. Great 15 minute walk and one of my favorite WATP videos.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I am excited about this group. Leslie has helped me to lose 140 pounds in about 18 months. I started with the 1 mile walk and now I do 4, 5, or 6, depending on the time. I even started my mom with the videos and now she does it everyday. Leslie has truly been a life saver for me.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I am walking outside today. It is cooler here so my dog and I are heading out to check out our walking trail.

Have a great day everyone!! :)
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    trying to get back into my workouts after taking time away to let a torn meniscus, bakers cyst and broken toe heal. today I did 2 of the fastest miles on burn to the beat, loved it and missed it. I need to keep it slow and steady and work myself back up to my 5 miles but I will get there. Felt so good and I missed it but I did feel a twinge in my knee so not healed all the way yet.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I have a few dvd's but I must admit I prefer a few of the youtube ones just like @PinkyPan1
    Plus it's not another dvd I have to store. though I do have the Ultimate 5 day walk plan which I like as I can make my own routine the same thing with the walk blasters.
  • SaskyB
    SaskyB Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bandit5125 - heal well and please don't push yourself too hard ... just the word 'torn' is enough for me =(. I'll do some extra steps for you so you can rest some more.

I did 3 miles today (1 Miracle Mile and 2miles from 30 Day DVD) and enjoyed every step. I now need to focus on cleaning up my food choices. Well putting them into the diary more. I am still in the baby bubble with lots of smalls so me time still feels a long way off. I am so inspired by everyone's journeys though. Thanks for trusting us with them.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Hi SaskyB, I'm struggling with my food choices and logging them into the food journal too. I'm really don't want to head into the fall / winter months with this extra fluff.