c25k

Options
DLDzioba
DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
Okay so I found out that this awesome insane 5k run is going to come within an hour of where I live the day before my birthday. I decided to talk to my best friend (sadly she's Team Robin) and my brother and we are going to look into registering. IF I manage to make it through 30 days of training.
So I'm going to be starting c25k on Monday. Is anyone else doing it for the challenge or has anyone done it in the past? What've your experiences with it been? Did it help you lose weight?
I've downloaded an app to track it for me and I'm planning on putting some audio books on my phone to listen to while I run/walk.

Replies

• BeccaGould1
    BeccaGould1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did it! Er... 3 years ago now. It was unbelievably helpful, my lungs are terrible and I never dreamed I'd ever be able to run even down the street... but I ended up running a half marathon! Stick to the programme, take it slow (speed should come after stamina), and be ready to repeat a week if you're worried it's moving too fast. I quit running due to having 2 jobs, but I'm also gonna start again for the challenge. If you want an online buddy to do it with, I'm in! The best thing about it for me, was that it really got me feeling like I wanted to be healthy with the rest of my life too, ie eating well and sleeping well. Oh, and def get some music to listen to, the time flies by :)

ps holy *kitten* that run looks so much fun
  • BeccaGould1
    BeccaGould1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, *kitten* was supposed to be a bad word. Guess MFP doesn't agree with swearing :/
  • aingealxox
    aingealxox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am doing it now! I'm on W7D2. I really only got to see how helpful it has been today...I'm doing a mud run with my coworkers and today we had our first training session together. I was not the slowest! I kept up with 2 of my colleagues. It was awesome! I hate running, but this was a huge "pat yourself on the back" moment :D
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    Awesomesauce. A mud run sounds super fun!
  • CaitlinBrimberry
    CaitlinBrimberry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That looks like an AWESOME run! I'm thinking of doing the Color Run this year. I know I'm not going to be running the whole time lol But it looks like it's a blast.
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    I want to do a color run too. I'm gonna finish c35k before I register for the inflatable one. But maybe if I can find a color run between then and my birthday I can convince my friends to do it with me.
  • CaitlinBrimberry
    CaitlinBrimberry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband is going to go with me. At least that's what he's saying now lol. I couldn't get my friend to do it with me because the nearest race day is Mother's Day *eye roll*. I guess I don't get it because I don't have a good relationship with my mom.