Weekly Chat April 10-16

Options
SeeAhtter787
SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
May your lives be calmer than mine this week.

Replies

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Today marks the first day of the LRC's 50/50!!

The 50/50 is a yearly challenge. You're given a sheet with 65 squares, and every day you spend 50 minutes or more at the rec center (at the gym, in the pool, or in the sports fields) you get one of the squares stamped. You have 65 days to get as many stamps as you can. They give out small prizes for reaching so many days, and you get one ballot for the big prize if you make it 50 days. Two ballots for 55 days, and three ballots for 60 days!! You have between today and June 14th to complete it! This year's big prize is a trip for 2 to Vancouver. There's a bunch of other prizes as well; last year I won a 1 year membership!!

Wish me luck guys!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Good luck Angelfire I hope you win the prize.

Shirley
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You will rock that challenge!
  • yesIcan155
    yesIcan155 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You've got this @Angelfire365 !
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

The 50/50 is a yearly challenge. You're given a sheet with 65 squares, and every day you spend 50 minutes or more at the rec center (at the gym, in the pool, or in the sports fields) you get one of the squares stamped. You have 65 days to get as many stamps as you can. They give out small prizes for reaching so many days, and you get one ballot for the big prize if you make it 50 days. Two ballots for 55 days, and three ballots for 60 days!! You have between today and June 14th to complete it! This year's big prize is a trip for 2 to Vancouver. There's a bunch of other prizes as well; last year I won a 1 year membership!!

Wish me luck guys!

That sounds like an awesome challenge. BTW, what is LRC? Your gym?
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Wish me luck guys!

Sorry. Never mind. I just re-read and it is your rec center!! ;)
  • Angelfire365
    Options

Wish me luck guys!

Sorry. Never mind. I just re-read and it is your rec center!! ;)

Lol, yup. Leduc Recreational Center. :-)

Thanks guys!! I'm looking forward to this!
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    That's great incentive to stick with ut. Good luck!
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    That sounds like a great incentive. Wish my rec center did something like that. We do an iron man triathlon. You have a certain amount of time to walk swim and run a certain amount of miles. Not my cup of tea. But that would really fit my style.

Esther
  • edellaratta
    Options
    I am so excited about these new like and awesome buttons!!!
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I like the buttons too. Now I just have to figure out how to use them.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Let me know if you do Esther
  • edellaratta
    Options
    You should be able to just tap them and then a number comes up in the box/heart
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Thanks edellaratta. It worked!!!!! I kids like having those there
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Haven't posted here for a few days. Ballet has me hopping. I have a full page list of things that need to be done with costumes before Friday. We just got the list Wednesday. It gave us 10 days to complete. One of the things is painting tulle silver. With the rainy weather here I obviously can't do it outside. But need a well ventilated area. well I found one. Here is a pic of my well ventilated areadyd9uwfcbyaa.jpeg

It has 3 shelters with picnic tables under them. Best place to be painting ;)

Esther
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    We finally had a day with no substantial wind. I am back out at the lake spray painting the last 2 feet of tulle needed for the minion wings. I built a small fire in the fireplace at the shelter and I am greatly enjoying the calm serenity of the morning. Hopefully will have time to hit the rec center after lunch with Iris. After this morning I am enjoying the respite of the birds chirping and the float planes flying overhead and the trees rustling. My morning was spent at the tire shop. I found a hex wrench with my rear driver tire. I ended up stranded a mile away from the shop with a flat. If I had a full size tire iron I could change my own but all I had was the wimpy one that comes with the car. So schuabs came and put the spare on for me and I drove it in to their shop. They ended up having to plug and patch it. But now I'm good to go.
  • Angelfire365
    Options
    Man, I hate flat tires. I've had three in the past two months. :-( I haven't been stranded, though. That must have been maddening!
  • edellaratta
    Options
    Oh man, that stinks!!
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    It was all good. It allowed me to procrastinate for a while. I guess it was just Gid's way of slowing me down for a while.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all of you!!!!!!!!!