How is everyone doing today?

Options
rachaelruth3
rachaelruth3 Posts: 27 Member
How is everyone doing? Since starting over it feels so hard sticking to 1200 calories or around 1200. It seems like after a week it's an easy calorie goal to stick to but the first week is always the hardest for me. How

Replies

• ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have been sticking to it.I dont have a hard time sticking to it as of right now. I think its because I am anxious to get the weight off so I am doing what I think is the right thing to do. I have been eating more fruit and veggies so its hard to even get 1000 not to mention 1200. Every week I have been evaluating my diet making changes that I can actually live with.
    As I mention before I dont do food restrictions but i monitor portion sizes. I had been craving chips so I purchased pringles 100 calorie packs only at one time unfortunately because the kids at the rest,lol. I like pasta so i purchase wheat pasta and only will eat 1/2 of the actually serving size. This works for me, well it has so far.I have only been doing this for 71 days. I have only lost 22lbs. So we will see after three months or 100 days how I feel.
  • 1229swansong
    1229swansong Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I eat too many carbs, even at 1200 calories, I can't really lose much. Anyone have suggestions for good fewer-carb foods to help me stick to 1200 calories?
  • ASimplerLife
    ASimplerLife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Swansong, lower carb foods tend to be more calories since they're pretty dense-- but eggs, chicken and seafood are low/no carb and fairly low in calories. Plus most vegetables are low carb, as long as they aren't starchy or sweet.

Doing both low calorie and low carb can be really hard, though. I've done low carb in the past and it worked well, but the only thing that got me through was being able to eat nuts, avocado, cheese, meat, and other higher calorie things. Even with those, I found it hard to stick with.

But then, I find everything hard to stick with. :/
  • 1229swansong
    1229swansong Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I think I am going to just stick to the low calorie because that is hard enough to do without cutting out my favorite foods!
  • Rose_Oh
    Rose_Oh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to lose eating high carbs but sticking to 1200-1300 calorie diet? I am elderly, struggling because I love my carbs.
  • fitRTs
    fitRTs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Rose_Oh wrote: »
    Is it possible to lose eating high carbs but sticking to 1200-1300 calorie diet? I am elderly, struggling because I love my carbs.

I've been losing on a fairly high carb diet, limiting myself most days to about 1200 calories. I might be losing faster if I didn't eat as many carbs, but this way I don't feel deprived at all.