Swimming Log and Distance

Love the idea of this challenge! Two quick questions regarding the swimming:

1. The swimming log only goes by minutes instead of yards/meters. How will distance be tracked?
2. The email listed 2.4 miles and the flyer has 3.8 miles, can you clarify the distance?

Thank you!

Replies

• everettrosette
    everettrosette Posts: 4 Member
    Hey Liz, Great questions!
    Looks like we will have to track your distances manually. I'm thinking about setting up a excel file on box to track everyone progress. I was hoping My fitness pal had that option.

The distance is 2.4 miles or 38K meters - i made a mistake.

Let me know if you have more questions

E
  • ydelisa
    ydelisa Posts: 2 Member
    Everette,
    Not sure if I'm reading this right but 38kilometer is about 24miles. So if we swim it is only 2.4 miles but rowing is almost 10 times that amount?

Let me know if that is right.

Thanks!
    Martha
  • lihanna10
    lihanna10 Posts: 1 Member
    She meant to say 3.8km or 2.4 mi of swimming or rowing.. you don't have to do both, you pick whatever you can do either swim or row.
    Rowing is basically an alternative if you don't have a place to swim.

Thanks
  • everettrosette
    everettrosette Posts: 4 Member
    Hey Martha - we came up with the 38,000 meter row rather than swimming - The problem with a 3800 meter row (2.4 miles) the row would take you around 15 min - I did all of the rowing this am and it took me 2 hours and 41 min - Hope that helps - Otherwise its 3800 meters in the pool i think thats 144 laps in a gym size pool - call me with questions
  • ydelisa
    ydelisa Posts: 2 Member
    I just did 5miles in 30 min on my rowing machine at home. It makes sense to me now. Thanks for answering.

Martha