Trusting God in this journey

Options
Happymelz
Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
Hello! I'm new to the group. I have been on MFP for over a year.

I have struggled with eating disorders, emotional eating, and weight loss/gain for a long time now. MOSTLY I derail myself by letting my emotions get the best of me.

So, a few weeks ago I told God, "I want to be healed of my emotional eating, I give this to you and trust you to heal me and give me strength and victory over this." And I started by only eating if I was actually hungry.

For the last 10 days I've gotten back on the horse and really stuck to my calories, exercised, and drank lots of water.

NO weight loss. Not even .5 lbs.

BUT instead of running back to donuts and fried food for comfort I decided to research why I am not losing.

The fact that I didn't run straight to the bad foods is a HUGE praise report because I always eat when I'm upset/stressed.

God is really working on me. ;)

Because of years of yo-yo diets and emotional eating/eating disorders I've actually damaged my metabolism. I have read a lot of great articles on how to fix this, and I know God will give me the strenght/will-power to do this!

Replies

• Happymelz
    Options
    Also...my profile pic is from a few years ago when I was closer to my goal.
  • byrdiebee
    byrdiebee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! No matter what the scale says, this is a major victory.
  • Happymelz
    Options
    Thank you! I am on the scary road to repairing the metabolic damage that i've done, but I know God is my healer and my STRENGTH!