I'm incredibly grateful for this prescription!

Options
MissusMoon
MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
Due to several health issues, I have been feeling fatigued from the time I wake up until I go back to bed again. I was eating reasonably healthy, but way too much. And occasionally not healthy--and way too much. I was so sapped of energy I was laying around...and losing all my muscle...and getting fatter and fatter.

Taking this prescription has resulted in me trying hard to get ENOUGH calories each day. Portion size is no longer an issue at all. It's given me the energy I could not muster because of my poor health. Since starting Phen on April 3rd, I've lost ten pounds, I've joined a gym and have been showing up there every weekday. (I still wake up and say "I don't wanna go!!" every morning, but I go anyway.)

I still have periods of crippling fatigue and exhaustion...but that should should you how bad off I was before I started. I'm still getting so much more done. I feel like I'm functioning again. Obviously it's not just the drug that is resulting in the weight loss. I'm still planning and logging everything on MFP, and that dreaded trip to the gym every morning has to happen.

I know a lot of the naysayers on other threads always ask "what happens when you have to go off the pill?" I don't know. My doctor believes many of my health issues will be far less severe when I've lost a significant amount of weight. I know I will have become accustomed to eating between 1000-1400 calories per day. I know I'll have recovered some cardio-vascular fitness and it will be easier to function without the weight dragging me down. That's all I can say.

I'm really happy my doctor brought this up. I feel so much better being ten pounds lighter and being able to function most of the day again. To me this is life changing. People can judge all they want, I don't care. It's put me on track.

Replies

• KyleneSusan
    KyleneSusan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Amen, sister! I was to the point of giving up and just getting heavier and heavier until it killed me! I didn't want to try losing anymore - I'd tried a lot of times and didn't lose. Phen gave me the thing I'd lost: HOPE!

I'm so glad it's working for you! And also glad that you're working on how to change your lifestyle eventually be able to be without it.

The naysayers can go sit on their thumbs.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Amen, sister! I was to the point of giving up and just getting heavier and heavier until it killed me! I didn't want to try losing anymore - I'd tried a lot of times and didn't lose. Phen gave me the thing I'd lost: HOPE!

I'm so glad it's working for you! And also glad that you're working on how to change your lifestyle eventually be able to be without it.

The naysayers can go sit on their thumbs.

Oh, what an awesome response! Thank you. And yes, I'm working my butt off at the gym and diligent eating to do this...but I was in a black hole before. No more!!!