Count Up to 16 Weeks of Strength Building - Take 2

Options
DDHFree
DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
So we have completed 16 weeks of strength training. Now we are ready to do 16 additional weeks of strength training. Everyone is welcome to participate. Simply start with Week 1 and show total weeks if you have been lifting already prior to this thread. Then simply post your weekly workouts. Also, it would be great if everyone would post milestone results. Last time I posted results every 4 weeks. This time I will post results at weeks 5, 10, and 16. Results can be any combination of fat loss, measurements, lifting stats, pictures, etc.

For example: my first posting will look like this

Thread Week: 1 / Total Weeks: 17
Workout B

Replies

• dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    And it begins! :smiley: I'll need take a few "before" snapshots to night, take some measurements, weigh myself, and may post macros/calories (but will think on this).
  • DDHFree
    Options
    1st 16 Week Results

Progress
    Weight: from 136 lbs to 127.2
    Total fat loss: 8.8 lbs.
    Average fat loss: 0.5 lbs per week

Measurements:
    Week 0 Week 16
    Neck 12.50 12.50
    Chest 33.25 32.50
    Bicep 12.00 11.00
    Navel 34.00 32.00
    Hips 40.00 38.75
    Upper Thigh 23.25 22.00
    Calf 14.25 13.50
    Wrist 6.00 6.00
    Note:These are not so great because it's always during time of cycle. This is why I want to change my result week. Even ovulation week messes with my numbers.

Lifts
    Deadlifts from 38 to 108 lbs (+70)
    LAT Pulldowns from 25 to 60 lbs (+35 lbs)
    Shoulder Press from 30 to 45 lbs. (+15)
    Squats from 33 to 83 lbs (+48)
    Bench Press from 33 to 61.1 lbs (+28.1)
    Rows from 38 to 61.1 lbs (+23.1)

Clothing Size

• Started: Size 8 (some 10s)
    • Now: Size 4 (some 2’s- only those with spandex).
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Thread Week: 1 / Total Weeks: 17
    Routine: Workout B

Deadlift
    108 lbs × 6 (4 sets)

Negative Pull-ups
    Body Weight × 6 (4 sets)
    Note: Could barely do the last set

Shoulder Press

Set 1: 47.2 lbs × 5
    Set 2: 46.1 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 45 lbs × 5
    Set 4: 43 lbs × 6
    Notee: Slowly deloaded since I have failed at least 3 weeks in a row
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yay to the new thread!!

@DDHFree , your changes are just jaw dropping!!

I will post mine sometime this week.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Yay to the new thread!!

@DDHFree , your changes are just jaw dropping!!

I will post mine sometime this week.

Thanks sixpacklady!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Today's Workout

Deadlift - 3 X 105
    OHP - 3 X 45 lbs
    Pullups - did negatives and assisted pullups

Need to deload, couldn't do 4 sets for both lifts.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I'm ready to join your thread now! I've been reading everyone's results and progress in the previous thread. It was very inspiring and filled with good advice.
    I practiced the lifts and watched Alan Thrall videos.

And, today was day 1 of Week 1!

So, here goes!

Today's Workout
    Squat 5x5 @ 45lbs
    Bench Press 5x5 @ 45lbs
    Barbell Row 6x5 @ 65lbs

Overall, the lifts went well. My form was good in squats and bench press. I did an extra set of rows because the first set wasn't up to par.

I'm really excited to begin this journey!
  • dcresider
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi all. I have major DOMS from yesterday's SL 5x6 workout. I've increased reps by one and boy do I feel it today. I also weighed myself, took my measurements, and took a few photos (for my own personal use).

Day 1 - Week 1

Squats: 5x6 @ 90 lbs.
    OH Press: 5x6 @45 lbs.
    Deadlift:1x6 @ 115 lbs.
    Romanian deadlifts: 5x6@ 70 lbs.
    Planks: 2 @ 1 minute each
    Cardio: 6 mile bike ride to and from work
  • DDHFree
    Options
    lwhayes820 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies!
    I'm ready to join your thread now! I've been reading everyone's results and progress in the previous thread. It was very inspiring and filled with good advice.
    I practiced the lifts and watched Alan Thrall videos.

And, today was day 1 of Week 1!

So, here goes!

Today's Workout
    Squat 5x5 @ 45lbs
    Bench Press 5x5 @ 45lbs
    Barbell Row 6x5 @ 65lbs

Overall, the lifts went well. My form was good in squats and bench press. I did an extra set of rows because the first set wasn't up to par.

I'm really excited to begin this journey!

Welcome lwhayes. Look forward to do the journey with you.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Negative Pull-ups
    Body Weight × 6 (4 sets)
    Correction... I meant "Negative Chin-ups" not "Pull-ups". At least not yet. I am doing the Youtuber Scooby's beginner pull-up routine with a few tweaks in terms of sets,reps,and frequency.

• 5minty
    5minty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Since I have been sort of, well I have been very neglectful with my workouts, I will consider this Day 1 Week 1 for me too!

Squat: 55lbs 5x5

Bench Press: 55lbs 5x5

Row: 45lbs 5x5 still trying to do the rows properly, I have been doing them with dumbbells on an incline bench b/c of my back, so now I am doing a mix of the two. I think I may just stick to the dumbbells, I just can't get to where I feel good about my form otherwise.

Skullcrusher: 25lb 2x8

Shrugs: 45lb 2x15

Calf Raises: 45lb 3x15

Here are my stats, they have gone up a lot in the last few months, it was quite depressing doing my measurements today :-( but I have faith that they will change for the better :-)

51 years old

5' 9"

Neck: 14.75"
    Bicep: 14"
    Chest: 43"
    Waist: 42"
    Hips: 47"
    Calf: 16"

Looking forward to using this for my accountably, which I dearly need apparently!

• dcresider
    Options
    5minty - welcome. My stats as compared to 2 years ago was not good either and I was not happy myself. Anyway, we'll go through process together.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Thread Week:1 Total Weeks:17
    Routine: Workout A

Squat
    4x6 : 83 lbs

Bench Press
    4x6: 61.6 lbs

Pendlay Rows
    4x6: 61.6 lbs
    I've been doing Pendlays all along but decided to label them correctly going forward.

Also, was planning to do the negative chin ups today but I couldn't. Too sore from last time. Maybe I can do them 3 days next week. So I feel you on the DOMS Dcresider as I am super sore from Monday's chin-ups. Even my ABS are sore for the first time since starting the program.

Welcome 5minty!
  • dcresider
    edited April 2016
    Options
    DDHFree - you are doing great so far. I hear you on the muscle soreness. My hamstrings were so sore from Monday and my abs from the planks or OH press.

Day 2 - Week 1

Squats: 5x6 @ 90 lbs. - will stay at this weight until next week. I'm trying to get deeper into those squats.
    Bench Press: 5x6 @80 lbs. - It's really hard doing 6 reps as compared to 5 but I pushed ahead. I may go up 5 lbs. next week. We shall see.
    Bentover Rows:5x6 @70 lbs.- these were fairly easy for some reason and may go up 5 lbs.
    Planks: 2 @ 1 minute each
    Cardio: 6 mile bike ride to and from work. I've been struggling going home and my legs feel like lead.

Mood:Feeling rather puffy today. I may have gone over my macros last night. I had extra sodium and not enough protein...but then I didn't work out yesterday. Calories eaten: 1500 last night.
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Here are my results:
    Day 2 Week 1

Squats
    5x5 @ 50 lbs - my form was good. It got harder as I completed the sets, but I'll move up to 55lbs next session.

OH Press
    I admit that I'm a little afraid of this exercise. But, it wasn't bad. I listened Alan Thrall videos to refresh me on the fine points.
    5x5 @ 45lbs

Deadlift
    1x8 @ 90lbs
    1x6 @ 90lbs
    I modified the program some and did an additional set. I actually enjoyed this exercise. Will move up next round of deadlifts.

For this week and next, I'm going to follow the program pretty closely. Then, I'm going to add two 20 min sessions of HIIT.

Challenge left is to really get my diet fine tuned. It's going okay. I just need to add protein and try and more closely follow my macros.

• armydreamers
    armydreamers Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    1st 16 Week Results

Progress
    Weight: from 136 lbs to 127.2
    Total fat loss: 8.8 lbs.
    Average fat loss: 0.5 lbs per week

Measurements:
    Week 0 Week 16
    Neck 12.50 12.50
    Chest 33.25 32.50
    Bicep 12.00 11.00
    Navel 34.00 32.00
    Hips 40.00 38.75
    Upper Thigh 23.25 22.00
    Calf 14.25 13.50
    Wrist 6.00 6.00
    Note:These are not so great because it's always during time of cycle. This is why I want to change my result week. Even ovulation week messes with my numbers.

Lifts
    Deadlifts from 38 to 108 lbs (+70)
    LAT Pulldowns from 25 to 60 lbs (+35 lbs)
    Shoulder Press from 30 to 45 lbs. (+15)
    Squats from 33 to 83 lbs (+48)
    Bench Press from 33 to 61.1 lbs (+28.1)
    Rows from 38 to 61.1 lbs (+23.1)

Clothing Size

• Started: Size 8 (some 10s)
    • Now: Size 4 (some 2’s- only those with spandex).

This is awesome progress! Can I ask what your calories and macros are/were?
  • DDHFree
    Options
    1st 16 Week Results

This is awesome progress! Can I ask what your calories and macros are/were?

Thanks armydreamers.

I am 5'2". My calories have been 1200 during the entire 16 weeks. However, I eat back any cardio calories that I earn. I typically walk for 100 to 150 calories at work every weekday. So most week days I eat 1300 to 1350 as long as I get my walk in.

As for macros, I only track protein as I have no problem getting enough fats and carbs so I don't trouble myself. I only eat .6 to .8 for every pound of lean muscle mass. I estimate that I have about 100 lbs of lean muscle mass. Therefore, I eat 60 to 80 grams of protein a day. I don't make a big deal on this part either except that I am adamant that I get at least the 60 grams per day. But sometimes I get as high as 95 but that's rare. I would say my average is 70 for the week.

I will say this about my protein amount, I know that the amount I am eating is working FOR ME because my bicep muscles have gotten bigger. I don't know when the newbie gain effect will cease but I have not only loss fat in that area but those muscle are definitely bigger.
  • 5minty
    5minty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @DDHFree Awesome results!

Week: 1 / Total Weeks: 1
    Workout B

Squat: 60 5x5
    OHP: 45 5x5
    DL 95 1x5

BB Curls 35 2x8
    Shrug 50 2x10
    Calf Raises 45 3x15
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Thanks 5minty! I love forward to our next 16 weeks together ladies! We will all be getting fitter just in time for summer. :)