Crossfit 24 Day Challenge

Options
Dmkolls
Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
My box is going to do a 24 day body challenge, of which I am signed up to do. I found out that you have to take some Advocare 24 Day pill and drink thing. I know nothing about this company, what this stuff it, or if it even works.

Anybody else's box do this or has anyone else done Advocare?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'd be out, with a vengeance. Advocare is along the same lines as Body By Vi, Shakeology and all those other multilevel marketing things. I don't do well when people push me to buy that stuff or sell for them.

I'm also going to lean towards it being overpriced supplements.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there's no way I'd do that. I'd also probably look for a different box that didn't push that crap on me.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there's no way I'd do that. I'd also probably look for a different box that didn't push that crap on me.

Me too. From the wiki about the company:

Regarding AdvoCare's weight loss program titled the 24-Day Challenge, Dr. Wendy Miller, a health expert at Beaumont Weight Control Center, says AdvoCare's cleanse is probably safe for many users. However she questions if the same results couldn’t be achieved without the products. “I’m not sure though you wouldn’t get the same results though if you just followed the healthy food guidelines, increased exercise and drink lots of water,” Miller said.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your Box owner is into Advocare's MLM and is trying to make sales happen. Don't be a sheep. Be a wolf.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Couldn't pay me to do it
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It's disappointing that your box would promote that. My box has a nutrition program available but it's with a registered dietician, who by the way, does not promote Paleo or supplements. Instead she works with each person on their particular needs.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    **** like this also where the "Crossfit is a cult" garbage comes from.