Im recovering from sleeve surgery

curlykimmie
curlykimmie Posts: 7 Member
Hey all, I'm 20 days out from having surgery. Yeah I'm starting soft food. I have had some canned chicken, applesauce, and cottage cheese. STATUS! Chicken went down great, of course applesauce was fine, cottage cheese not so much. Let me know how you are doing.

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Congrats on being 20 days post op! I am 3 days post op so I haven't eaten any solids yet. Nicole had referred me to the blog The world According to Eggface and pre-op I tried her ricotta bake and this weekend I also plan to try the egg custards. I believe the egg custard recipe is from www.bariatriceating.com
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Eggface is amazing, and tons of great recipes at bariatric eating!

@curlykimmie look through this board, I've given lots of ideas on protein, some on soft foods. If there's something you're curious about, please ask. Today is my "Friday" so I'm here until 2pm CST, then I log back into the boards on Monday morning, but as with everyone else. If you have something you want to know over the weekend, PLEASE feel free to send me a message. If I get the email from MFP that I have a message, I'll check it as soon as I can!

I'm six months out as of 4/15, and as of yesterday morning down 98lbs from surgery, 118lbs since I started on MFP on 8/25/15. Anything I can help with, please, let me know!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Nicole has been amazing with her suggestions and if it weren't for her I wouldn't know about the Eggface blog :)
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Ha! Thanks! I just wish I thought about boards and FB groups before I had surgery! I found everything myself until about two months out, then did a search both here and on FB! These groups are really lifesavers! If you guys are on FB and interested in any groups there, message me and I can send you the ones I like, lol. There are a lot of catty people out there...
  • char_barr
    char_barr Posts: 125 Member
    Welcome and Congrats on 20 days out!!! Like Jen, I am 3 days out and I second everything her and Nicole said!