How to carry all that stuff thru the gym?

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm so glad I found this forum! Just started 5x5 last week. Have Bern doing some lifting on and off over the last years. But never lifted heavy. :smile:

I joined a gym with some free weights, benches, squat racks ... And I love lifting that barbell so far, even with such light weights it gives me this Sense of my own power.

But... I have some stuff to take with me in the Gym. And I don't know how to do it.
I have liquid chalk, a band for assisting with my pullups (trying to get to one), iPhone ( for the 5x5 app), towel and I bought some fractional plates (0.25 / 0.5 / 1 kg) als my Gym doesnt have anything less than 1.25 kg.

Anybody else here carring this amount or am I just plain Crazy?

Not to mention my headphones and Running shoes for those 15-30 min on the treadmill After my Workouts. :wink:

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    A gym bag?
  • theestuebchen
    theestuebchen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    But nobody else carrys a bag around. i feel so insecure.

Sorry if this question is stupid. :neutral:
    I had a home Gym from 2007-2015 so I'm not used to being in the gym nor that so many people are watching. or at least I think they do.
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am one or two pieces of gear away from needing to take my bag on to the floor. Sometimes I go back and forth to my locker to avoid carrying everything at once. For example, doing my resistance band stuff first, then putting the bands back and collecting my chalk for deadlifts. It's not ideal but saves taking a bag on to the floor. I totally get feeling paranoid about it.
  • Vetticus_3
    Vetticus_3 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    At my gym, there are a few people that carry around the smaller drawstring backpacks to hold everything. Not as big as a gym bag, and is small enough to fit inside an actual gym bag.
    Or maybe use one of the canvas bags used for shopping - they tend to hold a bit.
  • theestuebchen
    theestuebchen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks! didn't think of that. :smiley:

@sucampbeN
    Glad not to be the only one going to the locker room four times during an 30 min workout :sweat_smile:
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Oh. I have a giant gym bag to carry my stuff and I give absolutely no kittens. Wraps, straps, sleeves, belt, 2 pairs of shoes, bands, fractionals, rumble roller, chalk, shelf liner, screw driver, and probably stuff I'm forgetting
  • 5minty
    5minty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes I use a drawstring bag, a cotton fabric one. I went on Amazon and got 2 for I think only $6 or $7, I love it! I keep my lock, my towel, my earbuds, chapstick, my little workout log, my phone, my bands for stretching, umm, I think thats it, yes, I keep all of that in there and it has made gym life soooooooo much easier! I like having it in cotton as it's a bit more washable I think, & with two I can wash one and just load up the second clean one & have it ready to go. Why I never thought of using one of these years ago, I'll never know!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    But nobody else carrys a bag around. i feel so insecure.

Sorry if this question is stupid. :neutral:

no, not at all. i schlep everything in my everyday bike pannier which also contains my valuables, so it doesn't apply in my case. but i make several trips to and from the locker i've stashed it in, on most days. flat shoes, squat shoes, lacrosse ball, little 1-inch sized 'super'ball for the smaller muscles . . . it all adds up.

plenty of people where i work out carry bags for their specialized stuff. i think the most i've ever thought about it was a kind of respect. 'there goes a person who's serious and is intending to do this stuff right.' i don't think i've ever looked up from the gear to see how much they put on the bar before i 'decide' whether to keep that respect. and if anything i like their manners in the sense that at least they don't spread their gear across half the gym.
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Drawstring bag here, too - otherwise I'd be a comedy act carrying fractional plates, phone, notes, water etc. It's small and black and I don't think anyone would really notice it. Except that it clanks as the plates move when I walk :smile:
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I have a drawstring bag that my coworker gave me for Christmas along with my notebook as I don't use apps plus have my phone. Those aren't too bad to carry but it gets a bit much with my lifting belt too, which is on the big side so doesn't fit in the bag. I hope to get small plates in the near future cause need micro plates to increase on bench.

Might feel awkward at first but after a while, it'll feel normal even if others don't have bags with them.