Challenge diet

Options
stesig13
stesig13 Posts: 247 Member
Idk if it will work , but I just want to challenge people to do and try something new.
What if we will try for 3 days different kind of diets for everybody, like we eat Chobani yougurt for breakfast, 4 oz of chicken breast for lunch and something( that we will decide what for dinner)
We will give us 1200 cal and compare notes after, or we will think about each day's menu... Just a thought: challenges are fun!

Replies

• stesig13
    Options
    stesig13 wrote: »
    Idk if it will work , but I just want to challenge people to do and try something new.
    What if we will try for 3 days different kind of diets for everybody, like we eat Chobani yougurt for breakfast, 4 oz of chicken breast for lunch and something( that we will decide what for dinner)
    We will give us 1200 cal and compare notes after, or we will think about each day's menu... Just a thought: challenges are fun!

Even if 3-4 people will b doing it together.
  • mitsimr
    mitsimr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Right now I am working on a tight budget and around my family so I can't but this would be fun to try in the future.
  • stesig13
    Options
    mitsimr wrote: »
    Right now I am working on a tight budget and around my family so I can't but this would be fun to try in the future.

Sounds good
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt can be made at home in a crock pot - if I can do it, anyone can! :smiley: Also, Chobani is sometimes on sale for 50% off at our local grocer - that is when we buy it - and always the Simply 100 to keep the calories and sugar in check.

Also, the three of us in our home are all on a primarily clean eating plan and I must satisfy the tastes of my mother-in-law through her recovery from surgery. My basal metabolic rate (BMR) requires 1383 calories per day to be healthy. 1200 calories had my body freaking out when I increased my exercise routine. There is a BMR calculator at Calculator.net that I used.

Otherwise, this is a great idea and may help to keep some variety going! Maybe some folks will share recipes to use and keep frugal budgets in mind.
  • Kareesdiet
    Kareesdiet Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would love to try it. But my lunches would have to be something I could take to work. Right generally I eat a can of soup or something for lunch.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Same here, would be quite exciting, but it will have to wait for me until I come out of Ketosis! x
  • stesig13
    Options
    hoovhome wrote: »
    Greek yogurt can be made at home in a crock pot - if I can do it, anyone can! :smiley: Also, Chobani is sometimes on sale for 50% off at our local grocer - that is when we buy it - and always the Simply 100 to keep the calories and sugar in check.

Also, the three of us in our home are all on a primarily clean eating plan and I must satisfy the tastes of my mother-in-law through her recovery from surgery. My basal metabolic rate (BMR) requires 1383 calories per day to be healthy. 1200 calories had my body freaking out when I increased my exercise routine. There is a BMR calculator at Calculator.net that I used.

Otherwise, this is a great idea and may help to keep some variety going! Maybe some folks will share recipes to use and keep frugal budgets in mind.

I love some newness, some excitement
    I will eat anything you guys are eating
    Lunches and ketosis incorporated
  • stesig13
    Options
    Bella, if you will tell me what you plan to eat for next day, I will do it
    And Karee, same about yours
    We all have chicken breast at home
    Salad, etc.
  • stesig13
    Options
    hoovhome wrote: »

How do u make yougurt in a crockpot?
  • stesig13
    Options
    Or we can have cottage diet or French diet or any diet
  • BelleCakes2018
    Options
    What's a cottage diet?!
    Funnily enough, I am in the middle of popping my meal plan for tomorrow on my diary... I'll let you know when i've finished and you can take a look if you want! lol
  • stesig13
    Options
    What's a cottage diet?!
    Funnily enough, I am in the middle of popping my meal plan for tomorrow on my diary... I'll let you know when i've finished and you can take a look if you want! lol

I want to
  • BelleCakes2018
    Options
    I've finished! lol Not sure what you'll think of it! I do tend to eat my calories in the form of cream in my hot drinks.. and not good with breakfast. If there's anything you don't like or are unsure of and you really want to try it, I would be happy to list a few alternatives for you :)
  • stesig13
    Options
    I've finished! lol Not sure what you'll think of it! I do tend to eat my calories in the form of cream in my hot drinks.. and not good with breakfast. If there's anything you don't like or are unsure of and you really want to try it, I would be happy to list a few alternatives for you :)

Where did you post it? I don't see it
  • BelleCakes2018
    Options
    In my food dairy - you should be able to see it. it's open to friends. Todays date. Or I can post it on here if you would like me to so everyone can see what I'm eating? (or how bad I eat..lol) :)
  • BelleCakes2018
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'll post it here - it's what this thread is for anyway isn't it. I can't see anyone on here being not so nice... note that I would NEVER do this on the main forum!! lol

Breakfast
    2 cups of sugar free jelly with 1tbs heavy cream
    Coffee with 1tbs cream and 1tsp caramel syrup - sugar free.

Lunch
    Half can Tuna in oil mixed with quarter tbs mayo. 1 Boiled egg chopped, 30g beetroot, 50g cucumber 20g leaves.
    (I measure my veg and salad to stay within carbohydrate limits)

Dinner
    Quarter of rotisserie chicken with skin, 50g coleslaw and 35g leaves.
    Fry 100g peppers, 50g mushrooms and 50g onions in half tbs coconut oil and serve with 30g grated cheddar on top.

Throughout the day I have unlimited diet soda, and I have another coffee with caramel syrup and cream, and I also have 2 cups of black tea with cream (1tbs each time)

Snacks are sugar free jelly if needed (usually not)
    and 25g dark choccie (at night usually!)

My cals for the day is about 1350, my fat is high, protein moderate, and my carbs are always 20g or below. (Note I do like my cream and hot drinks!!)

So Stella....?!
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'll post it here - it's what this thread is for anyway isn't it. I can't see anyone on here being not so nice... note that I would NEVER do this on the main forum!! lol

Breakfast
    2 cups of sugar free jelly with 1tbs heavy cream
    Coffee with 1tbs cream and 1tsp caramel syrup - sugar free.

Lunch
    Half can Tuna in oil mixed with quarter tbs mayo. 1 Boiled egg chopped, 30g beetroot, 50g cucumber 20g leaves.
    (I measure my veg and salad to stay within carbohydrate limits)

Dinner
    Quarter of rotisserie chicken with skin, 50g coleslaw and 35g leaves.
    Fry 100g peppers, 50g mushrooms and 50g onions in half tbs coconut oil and serve with 30g grated cheddar on top.

Throughout the day I have unlimited diet soda, and I have another coffee with caramel syrup and cream, and I also have 2 cups of black tea with cream (1tbs each time)

Snacks are sugar free jelly if needed (usually not)
    and 25g dark choccie (at night usually!)

My cals for the day is about 1350, my fat is high, protein moderate, and my carbs are always 20g or below. (Note I do like my cream and hot drinks!!)

So Stella....?!

Wow that's great keep it up
  • BelleCakes2018
    Options
    Thank you!! I wasn't too sure what other people would think.. but I have to say. I really do rarely feel hungry which is one of the best things that could have happened to me when I try to diet! lol
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    right i try to do mine to in the morning or the nite before just to see were i will be at it keeps me accountable
  • Kareesdiet
    Kareesdiet Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I can't really start anything until I get back home from taking care of my daughter, that will be about a week from now. But then I would love to do this!