New to group

Options
Myree67
Myree67 Posts: 7 Member
Hi there I had RNY Gastric Bypass 10/08/2014 I was in a major stall for several months and it turns out I had chronic appendicitis. My appendix burst around the 20th of March this year and I made it to the hospital on the 23rd. Since then I'm now losing weight around a pound a day. Now because I was having to eat so poorly for so long my hair is starting to come out. I was so proud of the fact that I had kept that from happening! I'm down 120 lbs at this point. I started this journey at 335 lbs and currently as of this morning weighed in at 114.5 lbs. My goal is 185 lbs. I finally got into a nutritionist yesterday and she thinks I'm losing so quickly now because the inflammation is finally gone and I no longer am dealing with a cortisol issue. I've battled with MRSA several times and all sorts of weird infections and now I feel so much better! So now we're increasing my protein via two shakes a day with keifer mixed in. I'm increasing my vitamins. I sure hope I can stop the hair loss now! She wants me doing my fitness pal instead of fitbit because it's easier for her to read so here I am and I went ahead and paid for the premium membership because I'm in this thing! If I didn't give up through all the illness over the last year I'm certainly not giving up now!

Replies

• Trace66xx
    Trace66xx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this group and had a bypass 25th Jan this year, I've used my fitness pal for over a year logging my journey. It helps me immensely
  • cubenrican77
    cubenrican77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New to the group as well. I had my surgery May 2nd and I am down 44pounds I am in phase 3 looking for the best way/food to increase my daily protein.
  • Jspiritwolf
    Jspiritwolf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    New to this group ,am considering wls and looking for support thru all of this. Im starting out at 314 lbs and going for a complete makeover and lifestyle change.
    Please add me if you're willing to go on this journey with me.
  • atchison1969
    atchison1969 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just join the group today. Had the Gastric Sleeve done 7/21/16
  • sunny145
    sunny145 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just found this group. I had Gastric Sleeve on 9/19. I've been using MFP since 2009.
  • suecoble
    suecoble Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    New to group. I started at 432 pounds. Had sleeve on September 21st and am down 82 pounds since January.