Weird syncing issue between MFP and Fitbit (up and down)

Options
Heartlight441
Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
Anyone else have weird things happening with syncing? Yesterday, my 'activity calories' in mfp was going up and down all day! I'd walked about 7000 steps so approx 100 calories were earned but it kept showing the 100 and then a bit later it would change back down to only 30 calories then back to 100. Nothing had changed at my end though. Weird.
Hopefully it's back to normal today, but wondering if anyone else has had this happen!

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    When that sort of thing happens, check the math that MFP is using to compute your adjustment. They seem to still be chasing down a bug that causes the calculation to be messed up. I think it is affecting more people than they realize, so I'm sort of campaigning for everyone to report it when it happens.

When it gets me, the exercise page on the website shows two Fitbit Calorie Adjustments instead of the one it should show. One of them can neither be examined or deleted. The other one has faulty math, showing a number that is too high for "My Fitness Calories Burned" (it adds in calories for exercise that I never logged). On the mobile app, I only see one Fitbit Calorie Adjustment but the same faulty math.

They do seem to be acknowledging that they're working on the issue. It's a little buried, but here is what it says on the Help page under "Known Issues: Integration Partners":

"Bug: Some fitbit users are not seeing their steps syncing correctly and may also see multiple calorie adjustment lines when viewing your Diary on the website."

That is an overly simplified description of the problem (in my opinion), but somewhat accurate.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've noticed a bit of wonky-ness, especially over the last couple of weeks. At least once a week I've had to disconnect and reconnect for a data transfer to happen. It's very annoying. The problem is MFP because Fitbit is logging all my data correctly. It's just not transferring over to MFP.