Fitbit Blaze - do you love it?

Options
Heartlight441
Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
Hi,
I currently have and love my fitbit Charge HR. I'm thinking of upgrading to get a Blaze. Those who have the Blaze, do you love it? Is it water resistant (can I wear it for a run if it's raining out). How's the battery life? And what is the band made of, much metal? I am a bit sensitive to metals. The HR gives me no problems so hoping it's similar in materials?
Is there anything new in the Blaze you love?
Thanks!

Replies

• fitbride15
    fitbride15 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had the charge HR and it stopped working so I used it as an excuse to upgrade I love the blaze because it lets me choose the type of exercise im doing before tracking, I get all my txt and it has fitstar option which has an ab workout series within it that I can do at the end of my reguar workout. If you dont care that much about those things its the same as the Charge HR. Material is the same but you can change the bands which u cant do to the charge. Hope this helps!! Add me as a friend looking for support.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I have had the Blaze for 2 months now. Former Surge owner. I love it. More stylish. It is water resistant for running in the rain. Battery is better than Surge. No GPS built in so less battery drain. GPS runs off your phone so you need your phone with you for GPS. I always have my phone for runs walks etc. The band has no metal, even the frame is plastic. Easy to pop the Blaze out of the frame to charge. Charges faster. Band seems stronger than the Surge. Nicer band. Recently bought a metal band for $10 and it is nice. So many options on Amazon for cheap bands. Love the color screen, but the style is the best part. Looks like a future watch. Functions are a little easier but basically the same as the Surge.

The Surge looked like a ugly square piece of plastic, but worked great. Oh...and when I first got the Surge I broke out in a rash. Eventually went away. No rash with the Blaze. Maybe because my skin was used to the Surge. Overall it I love it. And Fitbit customer service is great. A notch on my Surge band broke and they replaced the watch at 11 months. Sold the new one sent and my old one then bought the Blaze with the money. You will be amazed at how fast a used Fitbit will sell on Ebay. Both sold for buy now price in an hour.
  • lordrobs
    lordrobs Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The Blaze is ok, quite enjoy using my one. Annoying that it is useless for cycling though as it still counts steps when in bike mode. Would I upgrade from a Charge HR... depends if I really wanted that colour screen as that is pretty much all you gain. I only like to wear one thing on my wrist so the Blaze is ideal as it performs as well as a watch as it does an activity tracker.

Battery life is good, I top my one up when I take a shower or fully charge it when I go for a bike ride (one advantage of it being no good for cycling I guess...) and I've never seen it go below about half.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I went ahead and bought it! My boyfriend is currently going to use my Charge HR so he can join in our families challenges and become more active. I'm loving the Blaze!
    So it's been mentioned it's not good for cycling - but it's got biking as one of the chosen exercises... ?
  • antwilk1981
    antwilk1981 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I love mine. I've had it about 3 weeks now no issues. I would suggest starting you exercise manually on the watch before you start, it doesn't detect them sometimes. Apart from that minor issue I've had no trouble with it at all. It's pretty tough too, wear mine under my boxing gloves for sparring and training and it's never missed a beat.

I have used it for cycling, manually start the exercise and it links to your phone's gps. It worked for me, recorded my journey and calorie expendature.

Regards

Ant