PRE ASSESSMENT FITNESS TEST

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
Everyone is at different fitness levels. Whether you are just getting started or you are a gym rat it is good to see where you lie on pre fitness level so we can compare after the challenge. I wanted to find something the is comparable for everyone to do. I found this preassessment for fitness challenge from the presidents council of fitness. You may download it for your own personal reference. https://www.adultfitnesstest.org/resources/dataCollection.pdf
Make a post with your pre assessment and we will check back at 4 week levels til we reach the end of the challenge to see how much improvement you have made. If you find something you cannot do even with a modification do something comparable you would like to improve upon in the 8 weeks.

PART 1
RUN, JOG OR WALK ONE MILE. IF you are unable to do this distance than either walk as far as you can and record the time. However you want to do it, Treadmill, elliptical or bike as well as taking a walk or run around the neighborhood.

PART 2
PUSH UPS
THIS can be full pushups or modified pushups. Time yourself for one minute

PART 3
SITUPS
THIS can be full situps or v situps(half situps)

PART 4
PLANKS. I honestly hate these things but they do test your strength. SKIP if unable to do, this is not a big deal if you can't do these as a full plank , you may do these as a modified plank or skip if too difficult. Hold plank as long as you possible.

I am adding here that this is your challenge so if you want to add more GO FOR IT!! I wanted something that no matter age, bad knees or your fitness level you could do but if you wanted to add burpees pullups or anything please go ahead.
We will have a spreadsheet made up for you but til then post your results here or put away in your computer,phone or device til we start. You can do this now or prior to the start of the challenge. We will check back on , AT WEEK 4 AND THE END OF THE CHALLENGE to compare your progress. Take pics, take measurements too for your eyes only so you can see your results because it is not always about that number on the scale
WE WILL HAVE A SPREADSHEET FOR YOU FOR THE FITNESS TEST AS WELL AS A WEIGHIN AND MEASUREMENT CHART

Replies

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    PART 1 WALK ONE MILE: 15 min 47 sec on treadmill
    PART 2 PUSH UPS in 1 MIN: 33 modified
    PART 3 SITUPS in 1 MIN: 26 half
    PART 4 PLANKS: held 67 secs

I have also recorded #tricep dips and squats in my journal. Did a baseline flexibilty (or lack there of) measurement so I can see if I make progress thanks to yoga. Approximates like how long do I need to stretch before I reach my toes or roughly how far away am I when I stretch to reach them on various poses. Measured and weighed in too. I tend to have time to do this on weekends n dont want to miss it mid next week!

Viva la long weekend.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    so I don't forget: 36 mod. pushups, 42 situps. plank 104 sec.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    run 9:08
    pushups 28
    situps 33
    plank 3min 11 sec
  • 74kleek
    74kleek Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    elliptical jog 1 mile/11.43
    Mod. Push-up 23/1 min.